Any metalheads out there? Work out tunes!

Options

Replies

• melasencio
    melasencio Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Rob Zombie!!!!
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    ITM tops the list for me. Maria gets me pumped
  • melasencio
    Options
    What's ITM???
  • melasencio
    Options
    Nevermind, googled it :)
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    What's ITM???

๐Ÿ˜

https://youtu.be/03X0B6u-AxM
  • melasencio
    Options
    Reminds me of Zombie!! I love her!
  • doubleap77
    doubleap77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    First of all, +1 for the Kalmah reference. Love the Finns.

Second, my tastes tend to run melodic and technical, but for workouts I usually like something with a pretty heavy drum line. Power metal of various kinds works for heavy lifting days. Some anthemic heavy metal from back in the day works, too. AC/DC anyone?
  • melasencio
    Options
    ACDC!!!!
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Slayer, 90's thrash, Ministry, KMFDM
  • kam26001
    Options
  • wild_autumn_wind
    wild_autumn_wind Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    First of all, +1 for the Kalmah reference. Love the Finns.

Second, my tastes tend to run melodic and technical, but for workouts I usually like something with a pretty heavy drum line. Power metal of various kinds works for heavy lifting days. Some anthemic heavy metal from back in the day works, too. AC/DC anyone?

Kalmah is my absolute favorite band! Saw them up in Canada a couple years back since they never tour the states.
  • Punksprincess83
    Punksprincess83 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Disturbed Godsmack and FFDP
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Tool is great for working out to. Their rhythm section is amazing, Danny Carey is a genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja3LGFY1i0o

Periphery is kind of cheesy but they get me amped up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beGynhi4suk
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    To the person that mentioned Alestorm, I think I found my new favorite band!!! Thank you!!!!๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I lean towards prog metal when I run - Russian Circles, Opeth, TesseracT, Meshuggah, Gojira, Between the Buried & Me

When I lift - old school thrash. Slayer, Metallica, Testament, Anthrax, Exodus, Overkill, Death Angel
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    My workout playlist has some Ensiferum, Parasite Inc., Sabaton, The Sword, Svartsot, Be'lakor and Barathrum on it (and a few others). There's metal for all occasions and moods tho (my avi was actually taken at a show). LOVE IT.
  • kam26001
    Options
    This makes me wanna throw a dumbbell at the mirror.

https://youtu.be/C3LXkdpHNOQ
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I'm Reckoner68 on Spotify if anyone wants to hook up and trade playlists there! I'm always on the lookout for new bands and songs; this thread has given me a few to look up already.
  • TJ_Slade
    TJ_Slade Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Where's my Stoner / Doom Metal peeps at? Sleep? Electric Wizard? Goatsnake? Melvins? Kyuss? Eyehategod? Saint Virus?
  • wild_autumn_wind
    wild_autumn_wind Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Where's my Stoner / Doom Metal peeps at? Sleep? Electric Wizard? Goatsnake? Melvins? Kyuss? Eyehategod? Saint Virus?

Unfortunately doom metal is one I cannot get into ๐Ÿ™„. My best friend is absolutely obsessed with it though, even has an EW tattoo. But I also don't smoke, so that's why I find it so boring haha. The most I can get into is Acid Bath and then some deathy doom vibes like Krypts.