Glitched out of a 96 day streak while in the hospital

ive been battling an illness for the past three weeks and while i was briefly hospitalized, i noticed myfitnesspal asking me to reset my password. It locked me out of my account. It then said, go to your email to reset the password. Problem is, i was in the hospital for two days. By the time i got out, the streak was gone. I would never have lost my streak had they not forced me to change my password at a time when i simply had no access to my desktop home compute and my home email. Since then, i havnt logged in for over two weeks and felt pretty depressed about it. I tried to keep my streak, was very proud of my dogged determination that despite a myriad of health issues of late, but alas, i got kind of glitched out of it by the password reset crap. i want to come back, i shouldnt have quit the site, but would they ever consider resetting my streak if i explain circumstances? i wouldnt have a clue who to talk to??

Replies

• Grimfeather
    Grimfeather Posts: 12 Member
    i got it back thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Hope you're doing better now!
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    actually, though, a streak ain't all dat. ;) I lost 4.5 months worth of "perfect attendance" due to H.Irma last September! No power, no internet for 5-6 days... losing your streak doesn't change your commitment (as you know, you came back!) So glad you got it back, but you shouldn't worry about it. :)
  • Grimfeather
    edited October 2018
    Yes thank you, i just have to do some beginner yoga and take it slow. (which for me means no crunches), but i will get to my goals eventually.
  • Grimfeather
    edited October 2018
    poisonesse wrote: »
    actually, though, a streak ain't all dat. ;) I lost 4.5 months worth of "perfect attendance" due to H.Irma last September! No power, no internet for 5-6 days... losing your streak doesn't change your commitment (as you know, you came back!) So glad you got it back, but you shouldn't worry about it. :)

Oh that stinks. i also lost more weight than what it says, i did a check weigh in back in april, but didnt do my food logs until july where i had lost 5 more lbs. So, i should have lost 20 but i wouldnt know how to correct that since i wasnt logging in regularly and i did not have any goals set until july maybe the weight loss only shows what you lost since logging in then? My main thing, i wanted to lose at least 50lbs for my 50th birthday in june. So far, i am down 20. The illness slowed me, i did lose 1lb but that was more due to illness than to eating right/exercize.

Thank you for your encouragement, and congrats on not losing your motivation despite all your difficulties and streak loss. That is inspiring.