I’m new ❤️

Options
I’m new to this site. I’m currently on my journey to better health. I started WW in April and successfully lost 25lbs so far. My son is getting married next year so I’m trying to put any extra money I can towards the wedding. That is why I cancelled my membership with WW. I was referred to this site in hopes I can remain accountable. I hope this site will provide the same encouragement that I received from WW. I’m looking forward to reading some encouraging and inspirational stories❤️ 🙌🏻

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great place. Full of really experienced people who are happy to share their knowledge. If you are looking for inspiration check out the success stories on these boards.
  • andream0423
    andream0423 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! While I've been a member here for a long time, I haven't been very successful due to my own weaknesses. I am currently on the path of taking this seriously because I am in terrible health for my age. I, too am on the quest to find support and encouragement here. Welcome! Wishing you lots of success. Fantastic job on the first 25!!. Have a great day!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, @michellelbowen6697 !

Be sure to go check out the Success Stories section!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/success-stories

If you'd like something structured, we have a group called the Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group. We have daily quick checkins for accountability (how are things going on your food plan, exercise plan, water?), a weekly weigh-in, and supportive chat in between. The weigh-ins are combined to see how each team is doing, but this is really all about support. Registrations open a week before the start of a new month, but you could ask to join now (you'd be in the cheerleader section for the purposes of the monthly challenge, until a new month started).
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :smiley: