Keto Diet

Hi I am new to this site. Anyone else on the Keto Diet?

Replies

• MrsMickie
    MrsMickie Posts: 1 Member
    I am just starting. I am Mrs. Mickie
  • AuntBug1683
    AuntBug1683 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello my name is Felecia I am 57yrs old and I’m new to the community. I have seen articles on Keto but I just don’t know how to start at all. I would be so grateful if you could just give me some ideas for breakfast lunch and dinner but I will say I’m not a big eater meat is not real important and I hate miracle whip and mayo
  • barbann713
    barbann713 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, im new.my name is barb.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    @barbann7 welcome to the forums.
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Hi I have been doing it for a month. It’s been somewhat easy to cut the carbs but I cannot say that I have had any weight loss. No weight gain which is a good sign but no weight loss. I bought the fittofattofit program but I think you can find most of what you need for free. Feel free to add me
  • biscotti_nkpa
    biscotti_nkpa Posts: 5 Member
    I go between Keto and Low Carb. I've been on it for 5 months. I've eliminated all sugar, starchy veggies and most fruit and all processed foods. I'm down 32 lbs. but have been stalled for almost a month now. I'm 68 so I'm losing at a slower place than you younger ones. :smile:
  • ttgrandma
    ttgrandma Posts: 18 Member
    Hi, I am starting over, I always eat low carb but I decided to try adding more fat and go keto
  • bohoT
    bohoT Posts: 37 Member
    I've been eating Keto for just a few weeks and it is working for me.
    Of course there are pros and cons to all "diets", keto included.

Feel free to add me as friend! I
  • lharrop1669
    lharrop1669 Posts: 28 Member
    My husband and I have been doing Keto since early August. I sought info on YouTube with Dr. Berry and a couple that have an informational site called KetoConnect. We’ve had great luck and doing it as a couple has made this work for us.
    Good luck!
  • optus1
    optus1 Posts: 5 Member
    I started off with intermittent fasting back in mid January and adding Keto in June. Lost 30 lbs with intermittent fasting alone, but then stagnated. So, I added the Keto diet and lost another 20 lbs. So in total, went from a waist size 42 and I'm down to a 33/32. I found the keto diet to be easy to stick to since I do experience any FOMO for the most part, except for when it comes to cake (guess I'll always have fat kid cravings). But my experience with Keto has been great!
  • RuthJaneFranco
    RuthJaneFranco Posts: 1 Member
    I am
  • MillieMcGraw
    MillieMcGraw Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I am new to the Keto diet and have been struggling to determine how much fat & protein I should eat to lose. I am 5'4" weight 148 would like to get to 135 and maintain at that weight. I think I have been eating too much protein if anyone has a suggestion please let me know. Thank you Millie
  • utdiva77
    utdiva77 Posts: 13 Member
    I've been Keto since January 14, 2018 - I have lost 70 pounds since my highest weight. I do a strict no sugars/no grains - and am definitely LCHF. I've relaxed a bit since hitting my mid-goal and now nothing is coming off! I highly recommend reddit.com/keto for beginners! They have everything you need.
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    I dipped my toe in the Keto pool a month ago, but got really serious a week ago after doing research and purchasing the Keto friendly foods (flours, full fat foods, MCT oil). At first it was hard to wrap my head around high fat eating since low fat had been ingrained for years. After following 2FitDocs on YouTube and watching Dr. Keith lose weight, I decided to go in full force. I lost 4.6 pounds in my first 4 days, but have been up & down since then with a net loss of 3.2 pounds as of this morning. I just added MCT oil this morning, so we'll see what impact that has.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Good luck to all on their new lifestyle journey!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I dipped my toe in the Keto pool a month ago, but got really serious a week ago after doing research and purchasing the Keto friendly foods (flours, full fat foods, MCT oil). At first it was hard to wrap my head around high fat eating since low fat had been ingrained for years. After following 2FitDocs on YouTube and watching Dr. Keith lose weight, I decided to go in full force. I lost 4.6 pounds in my first 4 days, but have been up & down since then with a net loss of 3.2 pounds as of this morning. I just added MCT oil this morning, so we'll see what impact that has.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Good luck to all on their new lifestyle journey!

That initial big drop is mostly water weight. How many calories are you consuming each day? Calories are still the driving force for weight loss. How long have you been at the same weight?
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    I've been trying to decide what sort of meal plan to jump on board with. Why do you all like keto? Have you seen weight loss or more muscle mass from it?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    @lesockie when I started Keto Oct 2014 it was not for weight loss or gain more muscle mass but to address my pain and mental fog concerns. With that said without thought or effort to loss weight I did lose weight and have maintained a 50 pound weight loss for over three years now eating the same Keto WOE that I ate when I was losing weight without trying. I think I have more muscle mass than 30 years ago but I was fat, skin and bones when I started the Keto WOE 4 years ago.

It turned out Keto is not hard to do I found IF one can get carbs down to 50 grams daily. I think at is where you can focus on your meal planning perhaps.

Best of success with the Keto WOE you select to try.