Looking for weight loss friends :)

Hi there! How are you? I hope you're having a great day!

I joined MFP previously but didn't stick with it. So now I'm recommitting myself to getting healthier. I would love to lose 100lbs but my immediate concerns are more about health than what number is on the scale. I was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year... cancer sucks! But I'm doing alright. :) So here I am, looking for friends for a journey towards health.

About me - I'm a generally happy and optimistic person. I genuinely care about people and want to see them succeed. I'm married, 44. I have two little dogs that I adore. Dogs are the best! I'm a Christian, though you don't have to be a Christian to be my friend. I also have friends that are Atheist, Hindu, Sikh, Wiccan, and I love them all dearly. So if you have a different world view than I do, or choose to live your life differently than I do, I still would be happy to be your friend! I believe God is love. It's not my place to judge anyone else, I have enough faults of my own to worry about, haha! I work full time in the tech industry, and I'm also a student. I enjoy online gaming too (world of warcraft especially, and also steam).

So if you're looking for friends, feel free to add me.
Have an awesome day! ♥

Replies

• amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Feel free to add me! I have lost 111 pounds and have around 120 more to lose. I am sorry about your diagnosis.
  • pc_girl
    pc_girl Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks, I sent you a friend request. Congratulations on your progress, that's a great achievement! Have a great day!
  • sanasayeeda
    sanasayeeda Posts: 2 Member
    Hey! I'm Sana from India.. I gotta lose 60lbs.. Joined MFP 3 days ago.. so far it seems good tracking my food log.. I really hope I stick to it for life!!
  • cinderellas2315
    cinderellas2315 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi
    I’m Annette from Indiana. I admire your outlook on life. I was once 60 pounds overweight. A lot of people think that’s not a lot, but it I am 5 feet 3 and a diabetic. Also I am over 50. We won’t discuss how far over the line that is. HaHa what I mean is it’s difficult to keep the weight off. I need a fitness buddy to stay motivated.

Looking forward.

Annette
  • Samanthau17
    Samanthau17 Posts: 3 Member
    I don’t know how to add people, so please add me! I’ve lost 76 lbs so far but have another 21 to go, doesn’t seem like much but I’m finding it really hard to shift it. I need friends on here to maintain my motivation. 😀😀
  • pc_girl
    Hi everyone, it was so nice to wake up and see new messages here this morning. I've sent out friend requests to each of you. I hope you're all having a great day so far!
  • jtaylorewu
    jtaylorewu Posts: 16 Member
    Hi there, I’m also in that looking to lose about 100lbs group. More so about 110 for me. It’s a heck of a journey, but with a good support group, both family and on boards like this, and some self determination it can be done, and made enjoyable.

Feel free to add me and have a great day.
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Wow you really strike me as an accepting, open-minded person, with some great positive energy despite your bump in the road. I have 91 lbs to lose and am always looking for friends to share this journey towards health !!
  • pc_girl
    Jtalorewu and 76Crane76, thanks for reaching out, I'm so glad you're here! I sent/accepted friend requests. Have a great day!
  • cinderellas2315
    cinderellas2315 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Pc_girl
    Thanks for adding me to your friend list. Yesterday was my anniversary, 32 years. I did not overeat! Feeling virtuous. How are you?
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Oh me too! Me too!!!🙋 I would love to be pals with you pc! As well as the rest of you! You all sound so motivating, please add me too🌸

My name is Ali and I've also joined mfp...way back in 2006, ya know when I was 15..😏 (plus 23...). Lol I've just turned 50 on the 6th and I'm a bit freaked out by it, can you tell?! Anywho....I'm on hear to get healthy and live forever since I will need to for my angel son Nick, 17, who is funny, bright, handsome and active...and also autistic💙 My hubby and I want to do our best to be healthy but he's not a "strong" dieter (he basically doesnt😒) and I would love to be there for you all...support is key for success and I promise to give you my all!!!

Big hugs about the cancer, my bff just fought breast cancer and won so never give up girl...I will not let you!!😘

I'm 207 and 5'2" and use to run and danced ballet for twenty years prior to running...now I'm lucky to get in a good walk, but I'm going to try my best this time and hopefully get down to 150-140, a place I like to call Narnia since all the cloths from that weight is in the back of my closet😜

Hugs to new friends and new adventures and successes!
    Ali🌸
  • pc_girl
    Hi Cinderellas2315, that's so fantastic that you did so great on your anniversary. Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a lovely time. I'm doing pretty good and I'm thankful. I hope you're doing well!

Hi Ali, I sent you a friend request. I'm glad to hear that your bff won her battle against breast cancer, that's so wonderful! Your Narnia comment cracked me up, good one!
  • Nicksmom106
    edited October 2018
    Hey girl! Hello all! I just posted on the introduce you board, to introduce myself to others since I can't post my profile😣 but gave you shout out pc lol hugs and hope you're having a great day!!! I have a bit of a cold my son kindly brought home from germville aka school😏 so it's helping since I have no appetite, but also means more couch time....oh well this too shall pass right?!😎

What are you up to today? And that goes for you all, anyone doing anything fun? Or healthy? I can live vicariously through you if so😌

Hugs☕(that's tea with lemon and honey...the one yummy thing I can enjoy and taste lol)
  • jtaylorewu
    jtaylorewu Posts: 16 Member
    Hi Pc_girl
    Thanks for adding me to your friend list. Yesterday was my anniversary, 32 years. I did not overeat! Feeling virtuous. How are you?

32 Years? Congrats!

• pc_girl
    edited October 2018
    Hi Nicksmom106, I hope you're feeling better soon! My plans for today are boring chores, but it will be good to get them done. Hang in there and get well. Hugs!
  • Nicksmom106
    pc_girl wrote: »
    Hi Nicksmom106, I hope you're feeling better soon! My plans for today are boring chores, but it will be good to get them done. Hang in there and get well. Hugs!

Thanks hon!!!

I just made a huge pot of chicken soup with lots of veggies (purple,yellow,orange and white carrots, red bell peppers, crushed tomatoes, garlic, onions and baby spinach and new potatoes). Low cal, and high on get wellness lol I hope anyway!

Have fun with your boring chores and if you wanna come on over here to do mine....well I'm sure I can live them up for ya....🎉 no? Didn't think you'd fall for it😏 oh well, enjoy your day girl!!!
    Hugs🌼
    Ali
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    pc_girl wrote: »

Thanks hon!!!

I just made a huge pot of chicken soup with lots of veggies (purple,yellow,orange and white carrots, red bell peppers, crushed tomatoes, garlic, onions and baby spinach and new potatoes). Low cal, and high on get wellness lol I hope anyway!

Have fun with your boring chores and if you wanna come on over here to do mine....well I'm sure I can live them up for ya....🎉 no? Didn't think you'd fall for it😏 oh well, enjoy your day girl!!!
    Hugs🌼
    Ali

That soup sounds delicious!
  • Nicksmom106
    [quote="Nicksmom106;c-427437

Thanks hon!!!

Hugs🌼
    Ali

That soup sounds delicious![/quote]

It really is and hits the spot when you have cold👍 also super easy to make let me know if you'd like the recipe!😊🌼
  • Nicksmom106
    Not a very good "quoter" lol
  • Divyanshu91
    Divyanshu91 Posts: 44 Member
    New friends are always welcome who can share their knowledge and keep others motivated... Feel free to add me...🙂