Weight loss after c section

Options
Hi, I have had a c section a week ago. I need to lose 10kg by Feb for a wedding. I have lost weight before but I always did it with a combination of diet and exercise. This time I cannot exercise due to the stitches and lack of childcare arrangements. Has anyone lost weight by managing food alone? If so do you mind sharing your diary?
Thanks

Replies

• carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Once you are recovered from surgery you can start walking. I lost aot of weight post c section initially just by diet then added in walking until I could finally exert properly
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    After my last c-section, I lost about 15 kilos in a year or so and ended up being definitely underweight by just breastfeeding and eating as I normally would. Exercise was mainly walks with the baby in a carrier and nothing hardr than this. Unless you have water retention still from the surgery, 10 kilos in less than 4 months is not a realistic goal.
  • asteriskthat
    asteriskthat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I typed out a long and thoughtful reply then pressed the wrong button and lost it!
    The main thing I said was that speaking to your dr about your weight loss goal is the best bet for you and your little one.
    All the best!