Disneyland

Anyone been recently? Any restaurants, kiosks you used? I want to enjoy myself, but not completely blow it. It seems there aren't any confirmed calorie listings for any of the foods served there or in California Adventure.

Replies

• happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    I went recently and walked nearly 30,000 steps that day. I would say eat what you like. Calorie counts are not available anywhere but I imagine some items would be easier to guesstimate if your heart is really set on logging. The dole fruit stand has plain pineapple and there are smoked turkey legs in a couple different places, pizza planet sells pizza by the slice. You are also allowed to bring food in!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    It is one day, just have fun, don’t go crazy food. and get back to logging when you get home.

Side note, I can’t think of any place at Disneyland that has good food to eat. I grew up in LA, so I have been there a few times. Lol.

The restaurant at the Pirates of the Caribbean may have good food, so I’ve been told. Next time, maybe.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    It was years ago to be fair but somewhere near a dock and a river thing I found a veg stew in a bread bowl. Obviously don't eat the whole bread bowl but that was something nice and wholesome to mitigate the rest!
  • MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member
    I always lose weight when I go to Disney despite eating whatever I want - between the heat (esp in Florida) and the 20-30k steps a day, you will likely burn more than you have appetite for or can eat.
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    edited October 2018
    It was years ago to be fair but somewhere near a dock and a river thing I found a veg stew in a bread bowl. Obviously don't eat the whole bread bowl but that was something nice and wholesome to mitigate the rest!
    French Market in New Orleans Square. :smile:

I don’t lose my mind but I don’t try to eat light at Disneyland either. You’ll be burning a decent amount of calories with all the walking. I average about 25,000 steps a day there and we take a 2-3 hour break in the afternoon. I usually come home (after the sodium release) a couple pounds down.

Rancho del Zecado by Frontierland has a great citrus chicken. We also like the Taco Bowls at Cocina in California Adventure. We prefer eating in Downtown Disney, usually Naples and LeBrea. There are fruit carts in both places. We also bring our own.

Here is a list of Disneyland Dining:
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/
    Click the arrows and it will give a description and menu.

• Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Go and enjoy.

Then get back on the horse
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    No advice but I'm going at the end of this month. It will be my 10 year olds first visit to Disney. She's way beyond excited :D

We're in California for 10 days in total so I expect to a bit heavier when I get back :D

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    I like bengals barbecue by Indiana Jones! It has protein style skewers and veggies!
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Thank you all for your helpful replies. We will be there for 4 days so it's not just one day of indulgence, but I plan on having a good time, just in moderation.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    well I'm sure you'll get tons of steps so I personally wouldn't worry about it too much lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    HeyJudii wrote: »
    Thank you all for your helpful replies. We will be there for 4 days so it's not just one day of indulgence, but I plan on having a good time, just in moderation.

You're going to be walking a ton...I seriously wouldn't worry about it.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member

Another thing to remember is there is a lot to do that isn't eating. Seriously, you'll be so distracted with everything else that you don't think to eat until you're famished, but you'll probably burn 3000+ calories a day so a big meal is very warranted. It would be hard to go over maintence if you are really enjoying the park.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    edited October 2018

Another thing to remember is there is a lot to do that isn't eating. Seriously, you'll be so distracted with everything else that you don't think to eat until you're famished, but you'll probably burn 3000+ calories a day so a big meal is very warranted. It would be hard to go over maintence if you are really enjoying the park.

My main problem is we stay at one of the resorts in the park. So, Downtown Disney is very much available after the park is closed. I love going to Napolini, having a glass of wine and a big thick slice of greasy pizza or a beer and loaded fries at Splitsville and people watching. When we went in April, I did just that. But, I also avoided eating while in the park because I was still in deficit mode. I made sure my calorie burn could handle @3000 calories each day, even if I had to walk around after everyone else went back to the hotel.

Now, that I am in maintenance, I would like to have some light fare in the park, and then, after it is big people time, enjoy the after hours also.

Edited to add: I plan on hitting the fitness center in the morning and going on the guided power walks again, so I'm not worried about the calories out, but it would be nice to be able to plan ahead for my intake. Turkey legs, those skewered grilled meats, maybe a Dole Whip or pineapple slices and a Mickey ice cream treat spread over the 4 days probably won't kill my progress.

Thanks all for the moral support!
  • nazbar30
    nazbar30 Posts: 4 Member
    I like to go to the Mexican restaurant by Big Thunder Mountain and have the tortilla soup. I always find soup super filling. I met up with a friend just last wee who was staying at a hotel across the street from Disneyland with her kids and we met at Mimi's Café. I didn't even look at the menu. I just asked what the soup options were. There were 3. If you're at your hotel you could try to use doordash, ubereats or postmates to get healthy food delivered to you. Zankou chicken is just down the street on Ball and you can have rotisserie chicken, hummus and tabbouleh for super cheap.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    No advice here, but planning on going to Legoland next year for my littles bday, planning on 3 days and I'm not even going to stress on the food. Just gonna try to make some healthier choices here and there.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member

To put that into perspective, even 4 days is only 1% of your year! =) No matter how crazy you go 1% indulgence won't make a dent in 99% so don't even sweat it!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    We'd always eat in Downtown Disney and then go to the parks. There are more options and the menus are bigger. The restaurants in the parks are small and the menus are very limited. However, Disney is pretty good at doing substitutions and building meals around your preferences. I think you can always order off the kids menu too.

Eating at Blue Bayou is kind of cool because it's inside the Pirates of the Caribbean. Food is okay, but you definitely need a reservation.
  • implausible17
    implausible17 Posts: 3 Member
    If it's any consolation, I've just arrived home (in England) from 12 days in L.A. and Vegas, and I didn't limit myself remotely food wise while I was there, nor did I go to the hotel gym. I did have the occasional swim in hotel pools, and there was walking! so much walking! I came home 4.5lbs lighter, somehow, despite the all you can eat Vegas buffets, the daily ice creams, and a few sugary cocktails :wink:

Our 2 days at Disneyland were the highest for step count - around 28k each day - and that's despite staying virtually next door, and also using Maxpass to virtually get hold of all our fastpasses (eliminating the need for the old style of continually criss-crossing the park to get FPs which used to be a killer! I love Maxpass! :smile: )

I think my point is - don't worry - you'll struggle to do much damage