WOOP bf% drop!

Options
So my scales at home haven't been working properly for about 2 months, in that time I have stopped actively trying to lose weight and threw myself into training. I've "put on" about 2lbs as far as the scales are concerned which was bugging me as it didn't look or feel like it... then just now I put new batteries in my analysing scales and calibrated them and yes I've put on 2lbs but I've lost 2% body fat! so that's for sure muscle gain! I'm so happy, and yes I know those aren't accurate but they had a strong trend for me that I go off. It was after I had eaten and drank too which normally makes them read higher for me! 😀

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Are you using the scales to measure bf%? if so, sorry to disappoint but they are not accurate at all.
    As for the 2lbs, we fluctuate up and down normally anyway, so its likely just a fluctuation.
    Going by your profile photo though you have minimal bf anyway so its nothing to fret much over anyway.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Are you using the scales to measure bf%? if so, sorry to disappoint but they are not accurate at all.
    As for the 2lbs, we fluctuate up and down normally anyway, so its likely just a fluctuation.
    Going by your profile photo though you have minimal bf anyway so its nothing to fret much over anyway.

not accurate in the sense of they say 10, clearly I'm not 10% but they read the same thing daily they don't fluctuate more than 0.2% between days, I've been able to track a trend downwards with them for the last 2 years. The 2lbs is a consistent gain that's been there through fluctuations for the last months weigh ins x

Oh if you have a trend then that's different, it lets you see the bigger picture over time.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Good way to ignore the scale if you are looking and feeling good.
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Do you all try to keep tabs on your body fat %? I know mine isn't super great probably 35% or so... But I don't know how to figure it out. I've documented some start photos on my status post and just thought I'd take photos once a month or so and hope that there is a visible change at some point!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!!! Throw that scale away! Muscle is denser than fat so just because that scale goes up doesn’t mean you’re not heading in the right direction!

oh I wish my anxiety would allow that haha!
  • nicholeunt
    nicholeunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lesockie wrote: »
    Do you all try to keep tabs on your body fat %? I know mine isn't super great probably 35% or so... But I don't know how to figure it out. I've documented some start photos on my status post and just thought I'd take photos once a month or so and hope that there is a visible change at some point!

A lot of gyms offer bf% testing. You might call around and see.