New and looking for an accountability group!

Options
Hey everyone, new to MFP and recently signed up for a gym membership at Anytime Fitness. My goal is to lose 40 pounds and reach a healthy weight of 190 in 6 months. Making an honest effort to eat clean and go to the gym and would love some positive encouragement. Wishing everyone a wonderful day and hope they are keeping on track! Would love to read transformation stories also!
Cheers!

Replies

• clh372
    clh372 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, also new to MFP, need to lose 20 lbs to get to a good healthly weight.
  • sonobear93
    sonobear93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It is going to be the first day hitting the gym and going to try and eat more today -didnt make my recommended caloric intake yesterday

What about you?
  • AIF389
    AIF389 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I bought exercise equipment for at home (no gym nearby) and also do yoga plus count steps (goal of 10,000 per day outside of yoga and exercise).
    Signed up for MFP, but didn't use originally. Ready to truly dedicate myself to this.
  • sonobear93
    Options
    Hey that's great! going to try and get 5-6 days of working out and keeping at least 1200 calories down.
    This is going to be tough for me, usually after 2nd or 3rd week I crash and have a falling out, so my goal is to keep it consistent as possible for the first month and keep track of how much I am eating and losing.

Working out in general is a huge hurdle for me and I like to remind myself that 3 months from now I'll be WAY happier with my body and the clothes that I have back home will fit so much better!
  • Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    Hello - My name is Beth. We have a private group that helps each other on here. We challenge each other and use a points game to help us stay on track. If you're interested send me a private message. MFP is awesome...
  • AIF389
    Options
    I've burned 1,300 calories so far today. It is making me SO hungry, though. Kind of defeats the purpose it feels like. You know? Every time I eat I make sure to burn at least 200 calories. LOL.
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great job starting!

I started going to the gym in 2014 and just focused on feeling stronger and what I could do.

I played around with diets, had a span on paleo, spun my wheels a good bit. In 2016, I worked through a Precision Nutrition course as well as part of a Renaissance Periodization template and things clicked a little bit better.

Since I started in 2014 to today, I have very slowly lost 30 lbs (204 to 175ish), by just taking it small habits and 5lbs at a time (ok lets lose 5lbs, ok we lost 5lbs, lets stay here and maintain at that loss for a few weeks/months, ok we maintained, lets lose another 5lbs...repeat). My next goal is to...you guessed it, get to 165-170 and then hang out there for a while.

Sometimes the scale won't move, sometimes you'll be tired, sometimes you will mess up and get mad at yourself.

Tell yourself the good things that you've done and will continue to do, build habits that you can maintain in the long run, and make your next decision a good one. <3
  • sonobear93
    Options
    AIF389 wrote: »
    I've burned 1,300 calories so far today. It is making me SO hungry, though. Kind of defeats the purpose it feels like. You know? Every time I eat I make sure to burn at least 200 calories. LOL.

Not sure if this is the way to reply to you directly but, i totally understand and maybe burning 1300 is too much? Maybe i misread your post but burning 200 is great! After the gym today i burned about 500 calories and i was ravenous when i got home. I did my best to eat clean but yeah, i understand what you mean
  • sonobear93
    Options
    Hi! Great job starting!

I started going to the gym in 2014 and just focused on feeling stronger and what I could do.

I played around with diets, had a span on paleo, spun my wheels a good bit. In 2016, I worked through a Precision Nutrition course as well as part of a Renaissance Periodization template and things clicked a little bit better.

Since I started in 2014 to today, I have very slowly lost 30 lbs (204 to 175ish), by just taking it small habits and 5lbs at a time (ok lets lose 5lbs, ok we lost 5lbs, lets stay here and maintain at that loss for a few weeks/months, ok we maintained, lets lose another 5lbs...repeat). My next goal is to...you guessed it, get to 165-170 and then hang out there for a while.

Sometimes the scale won't move, sometimes you'll be tired, sometimes you will mess up and get mad at yourself.

Tell yourself the good things that you've done and will continue to do, build habits that you can maintain in the long run, and make your next decision a good one. <3

Hey, thanks for sharing and it is amazing how far you have gotten. My biggest weight lost was 8 years ago dropping 40 pounds and it came back in 2+ years for me. I was trying my best to keep active even with a demanding job at the time. Then i got married moved out and I havent been working so the only best thing for me to do was to make a health change.
    Honestly this is a great way to maintain weightloss and im going to give it a try.

Thank you for sharing and keep doing great! ❤🌸
  • sonobear93
    Options
    Hey everyone, doing a challeneg to lose 20 pounds by christmas eve. My goal here is to include my plan and progress every monday, anyone wanting to prticipate the better! It will br a 9 week process that will eventually be extended into the new year with a new goal. Please everyone try and post every monday, for example it can look something like this.

Plan: workout (cardio + stregnth training) 5-6 days a week, 1200 calories, 2/20lbs lost

Hopefully everyone is having a good day will join! Good luck!
  • AIF389
    Options
    sonobear93 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, doing a challeneg to lose 20 pounds by christmas eve. My goal here is to include my plan and progress every monday, anyone wanting to prticipate the better! It will br a 9 week process that will eventually be extended into the new year with a new goal. Please everyone try and post every monday, for example it can look something like this.

Plan: workout (cardio + stregnth training) 5-6 days a week, 1200 calories, 2/20lbs lost

That sounds fun! I don't lose weight, though. :( I joined to keep track of everything for my Dr's so, hopefully, they can find out why I am NOT losing weight.
  • sonobear93
    Options
    AIF389 wrote: »
    sonobear93 wrote: »

That sounds fun! I don't lose weight, though. :( I joined to keep track of everything for my Dr's so, hopefully, they can find out why I am NOT losing weight.

That is perfectly fine what are your goals for keeping on track? (Dont get too personal) but im sure you can create a goal that can have some end result, like, in 9 weeks maintain a 1500 diet and do 30 minutes of walking 2 to 3 times a day? The challege is to help encouragw you to achieve your goal whatever goal, whether to lose, gain, maintain etc. Hopefully it isnt serious!
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Friends, accountability and losing weight?! Feel free to add me!