What's your 10k goal time?

Options
I'm running my first 10k in a few weeks, and I'm curious! What's your best 10k time or your goal time for an upcoming 10k?

I'm shooting for under 50 minutes, around 48 if I can!

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    My first 10k took me 64 minutes. After 9 months of training I am now down to 52 minutes, but struggling to get faster. I would LOVE to hit under 50, but that is pretty fast.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My best 10K was 1:05. I would love to get it down to 1 hour but I'm a little stuck at the moment because of the extra kilos.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    My personal best was 55:13. I normally aim for an hour. Not fast, but constant.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I can't help but think I'm actually going to be more like 55 minutes! My boyfriend will be running with me.... hopefully he'll be able to push me a little!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    My best is 48, my next goal is 42 minutes. That's sub 7 for 6+ miles. We will see. Gotta find a 10K.
    I just finished Insanity: The Asylum so now is the best time for my fastest 10K time.
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I did one in April, 1:15.. With little training, walked most of it. I plan to do it next year hopefully about 1 hr
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are speedy! My best so far has been 79 minutes. Getting to 60 would be freaking spectacular!!!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    My best is 48, my next goal is 42 minutes. That's sub 7 for 6+ miles. We will see. Gotta find a 10K.
    I just finished Insanity: The Asylum so now is the best time for my fastest 10K time.

Wow, that's a great time and an impressive goal!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I haven't run one in 3 or 4 years, as it is one of my least favorite distances to race.

Last one was 42:36 (6:51 pace). I rather either blast a 5k or race a half marathon. 10K is like a 5K (painful when raced), but twice as long...
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

Wow, that's a great time and an impressive goal!

Thanks so much. My 1st goal is to run a sub 6 minutes mile. If I can just get the time to go to the High School Track. I've gotta do is soon or wait until I do another round of Insanity or some other type of retraining.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You all impress me to no end. LOL

I hear numbers in the 40 min range for a 10K...that is just flippin' awesome. I can barely do the 5K in 45!! I still have a long way to go as I am still a "newbie"....but for me, the endurance is more important right now then the speed. If I can run a whole mile without stopping, I feel AWESOME!!

WTG all of you!!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    oops duplicate post. Sry
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I haven't run one in 3 or 4 years, as it is one of my least favorite distances to race.

Last one was 42:36 (6:51 pace). I rather either blast a 5k or race a half marathon. 10K is like a 5K (painful when raced), but twice as long...

huh. that's funny as 10K is one of my personal favourite distances :) 5K to me seems too short! Like all that effort to get ready, get to the race, get in the corral, wait, etc., takes way longer than the actual run!
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    My goal 10K pace is my BQ pace

I don't expect to come near to it for three years though.

But I'll keep at it anyway
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    . I can barely do the 5K in 45!!

This is more my style and goal.

Eventually I'd like to improve to BQ pace
    It's gonna take at least a few years I think

http://www.baa.org/Races/Boston-Marathon/Participant-Information/Qualifying.aspx

:laugh: :laugh:
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    my "Goal" would probably be to hit under 53 min.. but it can vary so much depending on the course that it can be hard to set a goal unless you know the race is pretty flat.

my best 5K time is 8:08 pace

I've run an 8 mi race at 8:28 pace

so I'm guessing I'd be somewhere in between for a 6.2mi (10K).
  • h_mills
    h_mills Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How did it go? I am running a 10k in September and trying to assess a good goal pace/time.
  • DallasEl
    DallasEl Posts: 54
    Options
    Next chipped 10k is in 8 days. I'm hoping to hit 52 minutes. I can do a easy paced 10 in about 58 min regularly so I will turn it up a bit and hopefully hit my goal.
  • fteale
    Options
    My best 10k time is 54 mins. I am aiming for 52 in my next race.
  • fteale
    Options
    I've just realise I've posted twice with different answers! My 52 min 10k turned out not to be 10k, my foot pod was off by about 5%. 54 mins is my best time.