• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Dweaver73 wrote: »
    A friend of mine just found small packets which you can add to water to make it taste like DP, but way healthier. Maybe try looking for something like that? Good luck!

Wait, what? Packets that make your water taste like Dr Pepper? Including carbonation?

I need to know more. I already have the SodaStream to carbonate my water.

As a Dr. Pepper snob (Sonic fountain or real sugar from a can, please) I have my skeptical pants on :lol:

You need some actual skeptical pants to go with your nope shirt.

SKEPTIC plastered across my *kitten* :laugh:

Also, why does my phone think both sceptical and skeptical are correct? :neutral:
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine just found small packets which you can add to water to make it taste like DP, but way healthier. Maybe try looking for something like that? Good luck!

Wait, what? Packets that make your water taste like Dr Pepper? Including carbonation?

As a Dr. Pepper snob (Sonic fountain or real sugar from a can, please) I have my skeptical pants on :lol:

Also, why does my phone think both sceptical and skeptical are correct? :neutral:

A definate step up from PINK :D
  • pinuplove
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

A definate step up from PINK :D

Definitely. I'd wear the *kitten* out of them!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

Skeptical is used mostly in North America and sceptical overseas.
  • frameloss
    frameloss Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Mmmm, flat Dr. Pepper! :tongue:

Yes, my husband got the packets! It tastes like flat diet pepper!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    frameloss wrote: »

Is there a brand or store where he got them?
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    naomi8888 wrote: »
    Even with the weight and calorie issue aside, that must be absolutely awful for your teeth! I remember seeing a documentary with these kids with "Mountain Dew mouth". Maybe Googling that will help you quit.

I drink a dark soda every day, as well as several cups of coffee, and actually I was worried about it staining my teeth but at my last dental appointment she said I was doing a good job brushing and keeping my teeth from staining. The whitening toothpastes work pretty good (optic white and crest 3D white or whatever) I also brush my teeth after lunch, so 3x a day.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I am a fellow Dr. Pepper addict. I REALLY cut down after I started logging all of my food here. It does help. I am down to one 12 oz bottle per day. That little 12 oz bottle has 40 carbs and I'm not supposed to have more than 100 per day.....that is crazy. You can do it!
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr Pepper doesn't taste bad. The switch should be easy. Diet Dr Pepper and Diet A&W are so close to the full calorie versions, you'll probably hardly notice. They are the only ones I can drink.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    frameloss wrote: »

I just...no :noway: I mean, if it works for him that's great, but I'm going with the nope shirt on this one.
  • CindyJNC1963
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I might have to try the Dr. Pepper packets. That sounds totally weird...but interesting. I don't mind it being flat at all. I see they sell them at Amazon. Edit: Never mind, they have aspartame.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I might have to try the Dr. Pepper packets. That sounds totally weird...but interesting. I don't mind it being flat at all. I see they sell them at Amazon. Edit: Never mind, they have aspartame.

@CindyJNC1963 Can you post the link. I tried to find them on Amazon but a search only comes up with Crush which is owned by Dr. Pepper/7-UP company.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    What’s wrong with aspartame?
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    What’s wrong with aspartame?

It gives me headaches. I try to avoid it if possible.