Does this happen to anyone else?

Options
Silly question, but I am curious as to see if I am the only one this happens to.

My weight has been going down slowly, which is fine because I am within 10 lbs of my ultimate goal weight. But I noticed that this week, my weight seems to be dropping (I used Libra) and I am wondering if I am headed towards a whoosh. Which I love those!!!

But also, I am so very moody. Crying over nothing, angry for no reason, and very short fuse.

Which got me remembering that this has happened before. Emotional for no reason and the WHOOSH and then afterwards, I feel sane again.

Am I the only one and what the heck is the deal????

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options
    Tied in with your menstrual cycle maybe? I normally have a small whoosh after ovulation and again after my period.

Hormones are all over the place around these times and I am a right moody *kitten* just before.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Tied in with your menstrual cycle maybe? I normally have a small whoosh after ovulation and again after my period.

Hormones are all over the place around these times and I am a right moody *kitten* just before.

Same here. About a week before my cycle starts, I get super on-edge and anxious. I feel like I notice it more during weight loss because I can't eat my feelings anymore.
  • Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I thought the same thing but I am still a week away from TOM and Ovulation already happened. I track those on my fitbit.

I also get "cranky" right before TOM but not usually a week before.... So maybe it's the full moon ;)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Excess estrogen is stored in fat, so if you are metabolizing fat you may be having PMS symptoms even at off cycle times.

And congratulations for getting so close to goal - way to go!!!
  • Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Excess estrogen is stored in fat, so if you are metabolizing fat you may be having PMS symptoms even at off cycle times.

And congratulations for getting so close to goal - way to go!!!

That makes sense then! And very interesting!!!

Thank you!!
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I think everything said already is totally possible. There is evidence that women's BMRs are actually at their highest right before their cycle starts, and while it's probably a minimal increase in BMR, that increase coupled with a calorie deficit could be a catalyst for weight loss/ whooshes. In addition, since it is almost definitely related to metabolism, sometimes I notice that when I am consuming fewer calories than normal or burning more calories than normal (anything resulting in a greater deficit than usual) for whatever reason, I can be easily irritated. Whatever is the catalyst for your whoosh could be something causing you to feel "hangry". Or it's what everyone else said. Or both?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options

I thought the same thing but I am still a week away from TOM and Ovulation already happened. I track those on my fitbit.

I also get "cranky" right before TOM but not usually a week before.... So maybe it's the full moon ;)

It's usually the week before for me (now :lol: - I've already had to stop snarky replies to a few texts today)