reverse dieting tips?

Options
anyone ever done reverse dieting and he success as well as any tips for starting the process? thanks 🙏🏽

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by reverse dieting?
  • califaxsj
    califaxsj Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    so from what i’ve read people who’ve messed up their metabolism from either yoyo dieting or severely cutting their kcal can slowly increase their calories over the course of a few months to get their bodies metabolism back up. i’m currently at 1400kcal but for a guy my size and age i should be closer to 2500kcal, so i’m working on increasing my kcal intake 50-100kcal a week for a few months to get back to where i should be. i’m no expert but that’s what i understand from what i’ve read!
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism likely isn't "messed up" - that's a myth. https://www.muscleforlife.com/metabolic-damage/
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    califaxsj wrote: »
    so from what i’ve read people who’ve messed up their metabolism from either yoyo dieting or severely cutting their kcal can slowly increase their calories over the course of a few months to get their bodies metabolism back up. i’m currently at 1400kcal but for a guy my size and age i should be closer to 2500kcal, so i’m working on increasing my kcal intake 50-100kcal a week for a few months to get back to where i should be. i’m no expert but that’s what i understand from what i’ve read!

You're most likely eating more than you think, and/or over-estimating exercise calories. Are you weighing all your solids and measuring all your liquids? Are you logging absolutely everything? Are you losing weight at 1400 calories at all, or are you maintaining? For how long?
  • califaxsj
    Options
    gvizzle74 wrote: »
    Your metabolism likely isn't "messed up" - that's a myth. https://www.muscleforlife.com/metabolic-damage/
    i learned a lot from this thank u!
  • califaxsj
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    califaxsj wrote: »

You're most likely eating more than you think, and/or over-estimating exercise calories. Are you weighing all your solids and measuring all your liquids? Are you logging absolutely everything? Are you losing weight at 1400 calories at all, or are you maintaining? For how long?

yeah that makes more sense i just read an article that explained some of this to in more detail to me! i’ve been still losing weight it’s just been pretty slow the past couple months! will re-evaluate what i’m doing and track things a bit tighter!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that point- i didn't think about now that i am less than 10 pounds from goal- it seems to betaking FOREVER!!!!