Alcohol and energy drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I drink light beer and yager bombs. I do this about every Thursday. I tend to drink the most that night and a few on Saturday night . I don't log them. Id prob be so disquisted. Its like my cheat meal or binge for someone. I just make sure sure I keep myself in check the rest of the days. Obviously this method is working for me. I'm losing 1.8-2.2lbs a week.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Wine now and again!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I log everything I consume, so yes I do log alcohol. I have drastically cut back to just a couple of beers a week and switched up to the ultra light stuff like Michelob Ultra or other under 100 calorie drinks.

I've never gotten into energy drinks. Don't drink them.
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I log everything that goes into my body. Every beer, shot, cocktail,chips and dip, you name it. You can have all that stuff as long as you do so with accountability and moderation.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I log the occasional Pinnacle Whipped Vodka drink. :p Hey, it's in the food database! But I did measure it to make sure I only had 1 ounce.
  • IAMQUEEN
    IAMQUEEN Posts: 52
    Options
    I use to drink like a fish.... I slowed down to wkends only. I'm on a fitness challange at work so I limited my drinking until I win the cash :)

I wish it didn't slow down my weightloss efforts. If it didn't have an negative effect on my diet I would be on my way home for some wine.
  • Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    Options
    I drink light beer and yager bombs. I do this about every Thursday. I tend to drink the most that night and a few on Saturday night . I don't log them. Id prob be so disquisted. Its like my cheat meal or binge for someone. I just make sure sure I keep myself in check the rest of the days. Obviously this method is working for me. I'm losing 1.8-2.2lbs a week.

Love this! The other night a had a couple of sweet tea vodka and water drinks and I was shocked at how fast those calories added up. All this time I was thinking vodka was a low calorie alcoholic drink. Evidently not the sweet tea kind. :cry:
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Never heard of sweet tea vodka but then again I just learned about that whipped cream vodka. Obviously I know what I like and dont stray from it! Haha
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i've never been a fan of energy drinks. to me, they taste like...i don't even know.

i do drink, though. usually beer or wine. i limit myself to 1-2 drinks and make sure i log them!
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't drink energy drinks, but there is lush in my diary each and every day.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking because I was at a plateau and made a copy of my last 5 months and saw how many calories I was taking in. It was a lot of Friday and Saturday drinking. I just quit about 5 or 6 months ago,. I had a few beers 2 weeks ago and couldn't drink too many, it just lost its luster I guess.

now I down about 2 Monster's "blue cans" Monday-Friday :) some drink coffee I drink Monster
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I drank a lot before starting on my weight-loss journey. On a week night I'd probably have at least half a bottle of wine, or 2-3 cans of cider, or a few gin & tonics. Fridays - Sundays it would be a LOT more. All my friends drink heavily and our entire social life revolves around going to the pub, going to clubs, going to parties where getting drunk is par for the course. My parents are generally very healthy people, but they love their wine and there is always a bottle or two on the go in their house. My husband still drinks around 3-4 cans of beer every night. Alcohol is, without question, the number one reason I am overweight.

Since starting MFP I have cut down my booze loads. I might allow myself a few drinks at the weekend, but only in moderation. As of today I haven't had an alcoholic drink in 19 days, which is just crazy for me! It's definitely helping though - I have lost 20 pounds in the last 9 weeks :-) If I do have a drink then I log it, and I make sure I do it accurately. It's very easy to list a glass of wine as 100cal, when it might be more than double that!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I drink a few nights a week and I've created a "booze" section in my diary to keep myself accountable and for the sheer horror of seeing all those empty calories!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I don't log alcohol. 99% of the beers I drink aren't in the database, and for me it hasn't mattered that I don't log them. I have maybe 1/night about 2x/week. And maybe 3-4 beers, one night every other weekend. It all just depends. Sometimes I could go 3 weeks without a drink.

I don't take energy drinks.
  • BlutAura
    BlutAura Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm allergic to coffee so I have loads of sugar free energy drinks like Red Bull or Relentless all the time and log them all.
    Trying to cut down though! But high caffeine drinks and Security/working the doors go hand in hand.
  • beginswithb
    Options
    I log my alcohol and sugar-free Red Bulls! I love my beer so if I drink, I log to see what I need to cut back on to have a beer or two. :D
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    I drink beer, but not much. A glass or two with dinner a couple times a week....and when I do, I log it. Though logging the beer is a guess at best, as I can never find nutrition information for the beer I actually drink...so I just have to throw some generic beer in there and hope for the best. But like I said, I dont drink a whole lot. I only drink beer because I like beer...the alcohol is just a bonus. I'd actually drink quite a lot more of it if I ever found a non alcoholic beer that didnt taste terrible. Incidentally, how all these people on MFP and BMF can drink Miller and Budweiser I have no idea....disgusting....
  • psyonix
    psyonix Posts: 12
    Options
    I log everything that goes into my body. Every beer, shot, cocktail,chips and dip, you name it. You can have all that stuff as long as you do so with accountability and moderation.

Couldn't have said it better myself.