5'6 women- at what weight did you think you looked best?

Options
124»

Replies

• apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and looked and felt awesome at my lowest weight of around 130. However it was difficult for me to maintain that weight with my lifestyle as it required me to work out a ton and limit fun things like dessert and having a couple drinks. I maintained well at 135-140 and i was happy with that and aim to get back there again.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and happiest when I weigh about 145 (current pic).
  • awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    currently 79kgs coming from 103kgs about 4months ago. aiming for 68kgs
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Given my body? I look great and am healthy between 130-135.
  • skinnyheather
    skinnyheather Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    118-121 is my favorite range.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I got down to 125 just before my 40th birthday, so my driver's license was honest! I was very happy with the fat loss but didn't have much muscle, so I started lifting for a while. I've been between 137 and 147 for the past year or so and would like to get down below 135. With the muscle I gained, I don't think I'd want to be lower than that.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I am honestly very surprised how many people prefer to be at the high end of the BMI and even overweight. Very interesting to see. Especially the people who say they feel best at an overweight weight when they have never been below it to know if they will feel better at a healthier BMI. They always talk about too many being being overweight is such an issue, but it seems as though a lot of Americans might just prefer being at the high end or even overweight. I have heard some studies actually show being slightly overweight has health benefits, but not sure how accurate it is.

I thought I would be "too small" at a low healthy BMI, but once I got there I felt 10x better than ever before. I could run faster, farther, and had more energy than when I was slightly overweight.

I have been below an overweight weight - as I said, it was after 6 weeks of under-eating and over-exercising during boot camp.

The military scared me so much about the 10 pounds I was supposedly over that I lost considerably more. And then they raised the weight standards so that I was never over in the first place. This was the start of decades of yoyoing >.<
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    halmsafit wrote: »
    I'm 5'6 and have about 32% body fat which I'm working on lowering! At what weight or body composition were you most confident/ did you think you looked the best?