Disneyland

2»

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Danp wrote: »
    Weight loss is about what you do consistently not on rare occasions.

Yep. My favorite take on that will be coming up in a couple of months - it isn't what you eat between Christmas and New Year's that makes you fat; it's what you eat between New Year's and Christmas.

I'm stealing this!
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    edited October 2018

I think my point is - don't worry - you'll struggle to do much damage

I wish that were true but I gained the weight I did because I can do 10,000 calories a day easy. :(
    (I have backtracked and counted the calories that I have eaten during a binge and it has been in the 10K plus range.)
    Believe me it's no struggle.
  • implausible17
    implausible17 Posts: 3 Member
    Nobody would have the time in the day to eat 10k calories at Disneyland! They'd be far too busy having fun.

At home on a rainy Sunday, maybe :)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    HeyJudii wrote: »
    Anyone been recently? Any restaurants, kiosks you used? I want to enjoy myself, but not completely blow it. It seems there aren't any confirmed calorie listings for any of the foods served there or in California Adventure.

I like the pretzels stuffed with cream cheese. And the Mickey beignets. If you have kids, be sure and have a way to keep them entertained while waiting in line. Go with your patience--people cut mercilessly. Lots of hand sanitizer and antibiotic wipes. Last time I was there, my three friends and I all came home with a bad case of the flu. And I got my shot. If you have a little girl, the Bippity-Boppity Boutique can be an amazing (and pricey) experience. The park hopper is a good idea--you can't do both on one day (Disneyland and California Adventure).
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    The restaurants and food places in Disney are much better than they used to be as far as options, but I love the corn dogs from the stand off Main Street and I will go out of my way to get one!
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Found out we have reservations for the group on 2 evenings: PCH Grill & Wine Country Trattoria.
    The menus are online, so I get to plan ahead, which helped me relax a bit.
    Meals during the day, are on the go and on our own, so I won't feel pressure to eat anything I don't want to spend the calories on.

Thanks for all the "hand holding." :)