Will the circle stay closed again this time?

Options
Hi, this is my first attempt to log progress and it all seems a bit daunting. I have the usual anxiety about a new activity that I have to learn and this could trip me up if i find it too hard to be committed to. But I guess the biggest concern is that I am starting another round of trying to lose the weight and keep it off and it could become just another one of those going round in circles episodes in my life where it starts ok but I quickly manage to justify why extra food, snacks or not exercising are ok. In fact, I hardly notice I'm justifying them as the triggers are so well oiled they fire away and the conscious thinking part has disappeared.

So, joining this programme is my attempt to do it differently. If I join the community and hear others stories and struggles and good and bad days, perhaps that will help me stay on track and motivated for the changes I want to see in my life. A short intro, but enough to give a taste of where I'm at.

Replies

• tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale and log everything you eat, and set a calorie limit for the day. You will see how quickly snack foods use up your daily calorie limit and that will help. Not to say you can’t still have one little snack, just make it fit into your calorie goal.