Stretch marks

Options
I have a ton of them. Mostly white but today i noticed red at the top. Now i've always known stretch marks to be from gaining. But now im reading it couldbe from losing? Please help..i felt i had lost weight but this makes me question this and feel helpless...

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    From weight gain only
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are fairly common with weight loss. The skin has been stretched from weight gain, and when you lose, there is excess skin, which appear as stretch marks. I have a lot under my arms and on the inside of my thighs, where much of my weight loss has been.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are a fact of life for most people. It took me a while to realize this, but once I did, I stopped worrying about them so much. Weight loss with stretch marks is still > being overweight.
  • claytondineen
    claytondineen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I have lost over 110lbs, I still have them. Mostly on my stomach and a few on my arms. But I never think of them anymore. They may go away eventually, but I'd say it's nothing to worry about.
  • AbbeyGBR
    AbbeyGBR Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nobody is immune from stretch marks. Love yourself! You are experiencing normal human body function. Be happy! Don’t worry! ❤️
  • lovepaulos
    lovepaulos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I always had marks on my waist but when i got my marks on my arms from not powerlifting i felt lowkey out of place until a close bodybuilding friend showed me his, he called them tiger marks! So i call mine tiger marks! So just keep going love!
  • rileyskye1
    rileyskye1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you all...i dont really care too much about having them. I was more freaking out that im 10 lbs down and and am seeing red ones which made me worry the scale was lying.
    Thank you for all of the encouragement! I am still pushing forward 😄
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I heard someone today call them "shrink marks"! I thought that was great.