Breakfast ideas under 150cals

Options

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Codyloo26 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me any ideas please? Thanks!

1/3 cup Kellogs All-Bran Buds 75 cal (2.1g protein, 24g carbs, 13g fiber!!, .6g fat)
    1 cup Silk Light Vanilla Almond Milk 50 cals

total 125 cals.

I eat that just about every morning, but then again I eat more than 150 cals for breakfast, I'll generally eat a small banana with it and drink a protein shake. Gives me a wicked boost on fiber for the day and protein, not to mention the extra potassium in a banana can help negate the effects of sodium in the diet.

Food (punn intended) for thought.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    1/3 of a 500 calorie breakfast.
  • InaHoltzhausen
    InaHoltzhausen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting off with a good breakfast and end with a low kj at night
  • gafia14
    gafia14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats: 20g jumbo oats, 80g Alpro coconut yoghurt and some fruit. I like berries.
  • glammac912
    glammac912 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where do I find low fat peanut butter?? I look at the market and low fat is the same amount of calories......someone help me please ❣️ I’m a big peanut butter fan and it’s been super hard for me.
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    A light English muffin with a turkey b’fast sausage or slice of cheese.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Codyloo26 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me any ideas please? Thanks!

What is your overall calorie goal per day? You probably don't need such a small breakfast. Mine is usually between 350 to 550 calories. Starting with a bowl of cereal and milk is already over your 150, and I have other stuff as well.
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs with literally nothing else?

I'm curious as to why you want to eat so little for breakfast? I get we all have different preferences, but is there a particular reason? My breakfasts are like 300-400 calories :D
  • MissJessAU77
    MissJessAU77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    glammac912 wrote: »
    Where do I find low fat peanut butter?? I look at the market and low fat is the same amount of calories......someone help me please ❣️ I’m a big peanut butter fan and it’s been super hard for me.

Is there any medical reason why you want low fat peanut butter? The fat is replaced with sugar and salt to make it palatable. Also fat may help you feel less hungry.
  • rod61miller
    rod61miller Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1 cup water
    1 tsp chia seed
    1 tsp ground flax seed
    1 T old fashioned oatmeal
    Microwave on High 2 minutes +-
    Add 1 T natural peanut butter and maybe 3 ozs yogurt
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    If I ate 150 calories for breakfast, I would be ravenous for the rest of the morning. It would be just enough to kick in my hunger. I can go without fine, otherwise it needs to be 3-400 calories.

For the calories, I would probably go with 2 eggs or a Greek yogurt.
  • sivyaleah
    sivyaleah Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For a bit more calories but not too much; 1 egg scrambled and mix in 1 tablespoon Hormel real bacon bits assuming you eat meat of course - this is only 25 calories per tablespoon and packs a big punch of flavor with little fat. Really good if you add in some sliced scallion or chopped chives and salt/pepper of course. Cook in a non stick pan; I use a very small amount of butter, about a teaspoon because I like the taste better than cooking spray or going without anything.

Serve over 1/2 a toasted English muffin or 1/2 a small bagel for some carbs. Comes out to about 200 plus/minus calories. That with a cup of coffee with skim or lowfat milk holds me pretty well.

I agree 150 is pretty low. I'd raiding the fridge an hour later.
  • alaina1213
    alaina1213 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I usually blend 20g of whey protein powder with some ice, stevia, a dash of salt (trust me), and a little coffee (with some instant if I need an extra boost). Sometimes I'll even add some pumpkin puree and spices or extracts. It's under 100 calories and has caffeine and protein. Even works as a pre workout and tastes like a frappuccino!
  • Punksprincess83
    Punksprincess83 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    1 egg and 2 pieces of bacon
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    1 cup water
    1 tsp chia seed
    1 tsp ground flax seed

And you are WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY over 150cal and starving within 10 minutes.
    1 cup water
    1 tsp chia seed
    1 tsp ground flax seed

And you are WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY over 150cal and starving within 10 minutes.

my thoughts exactly! that's a monkey ton of fat. Hmmmmm.... low carb wellness wrap 50-70cals, 2 servings of egg beaters 50 cals, baby spinch leaves, 1cup, 10 cals, 150grams strawberries, 48 cals, coffee 2 cals, almond milk .25 cups 8 cals, 2 splenda packets 8 cals. Grand total 151 cals 33c, 3f, 11p, 15 fiber

Ole - Extreme Wellness High Fiber-low Carb Tortilla Wraps, 1 Tortilla 50 16 2 4 11 0
    Egg Beaters - Original, 46 g 25 1 0 5 0 0
    Taylor Farms - Baby Spinich, 1 cups 10 2 0 1 1 0
    Strawberries-raw - Usda 09316, 150 g 48 12 0 1 3 0
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1 cup (8 fl oz) 2 0 0 0 0 0
    Almond Milk - Almond Milk - Vanilla - Unsweetened, 1.5 oz 8 0 1 0 0 0
    splenda - Splenda, 2 pkg 8 2 0 0 0 0
    Cals151 carbs33 fat3 pro 11fiber 15 0
  • try2again
    Options

Also over 150cal :)

???

Bacon
    Oscar Mayer Select, 2 Slices, 80 calories

Egg - Grade A, Large
    Nature's Touch, 1 Egg (50g), 70 calories
  • try2again
    edited October 2018
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

Also over 150cal :)

???

Bacon
    Oscar Mayer Select, 2 Slices, 80 calories

Egg - Grade A, Large
    Nature's Touch, 1 Egg (50g), 70 calories

Let me stop you right there.... now do you breakfast again by weighting those slices :)

oscarmayer.com/our-products/natural/00044700022634

Serving Size 18 GR
    AMOUNT PER SERVING
    Calories90 KCAL
    Calories From Fat 7 G
    % Daily Value
    Total Fat7 G
    Saturated Fat 3 G
    Cholesterol 7.00
    Sodium 320 MG
    Total Carbohydrates 0.00
    Dietary Fiber 0 G
    Sugars 1 G
    Protein 7 G
    Vitamin A 0.00
    Vitamin C 0.00
    Calcium 2.00
    Iron 0.00

I do weigh my food, but so far in 4 years I have never had 2 pan-fried slices of bacon, as it's normally designated on the label, come out to be at or above the designated gram weight for that brand. Not saying that it never happens, just that it's never happened to me. Perhaps you are weighing your bacon raw? ;)

• consuelogamboa
    consuelogamboa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    tortillas de nopal pueden ser 3 con queso panela y rebanada de jamón
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I make a green smoothie that runs about 190 calories and can keep me going strong until lunchtime: blueberries, spinach, chia seeds, ground flax seed. I am with others commenting that 150 is low. I wouldn't want my smoothie much smaller!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    1 small fruit of your choice (i like some berries or an apricot), 1 table spoon bran, 1 table spoon yoghurt, topped with some cinnamon. Very refreshing in summer.