JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday October 23
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ In red by 39 - But see below!
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :):):) - NO Evening Snack! Not even 1!
    Walk 1 Mile - :) 3 Miles - So far I have missed walking only 6 days this month. I have walked a total of 43 Miles I am aiming to beat my highest walking month of May which was 50.6 Miles
    Move hourly at work - >:) No I got lazy!
    Craft - :) I got 3 special ornaments that were ordered by a lady for her Grandchildren painted and finished 12 others. I also marked out the HP Sorting Hat for hubby to burn. Tomorrow @HEGoddard0928 I will have pics for you!
    Write in Journal - :)
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF - :) I did it yesterday!

JFT - Wednesday October 24
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    Move hourly at work
    Craft
    Write in Journal
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF

I am patting myself on the back for my calorie goals yesterday even though I was in the red by 39. I got home from work and hubby asks if I'll order pizza. I reluctantly agree, but order a thin crust for myself rather than sharing his. I also ordered garlic fingers and coke's though. Pizza is delivered and I ate way more than I was counting on and when I entered my supper into MFP I was over by almost 400 calories. I resigned myself to the fact that I would just be over and have to deal with that disappointment again. I finished crafting at 8 and watched a show with Rodger that didn't end until 930. I started watching This is Us that I had recorded and decided that even though I was exhausted and my back was hurting from slouching doing my crafts I was going to exercise. I walked 3 miles to Leslie Sansone while watching This is Us. I avoided having an evening snack except for 4 grapes! I wanted it, I was craving it, the Laughing Cow was calling my name from the fridge and I ignored it!

Hubby didn't burn anything last night, he had a migraine and went to nap right after supper and only woke up to watch a show and went back to bed. I was quite frustrated as I am running out of time to get these done and it's a 3 day show this weekend. It won't be successful if I have no product. He promised me that he would burn some this morning before he went to work. I woke up this morning and came out to the kitchen and he is sitting there burning. He called into work and took the day off to burn. I told him I hadn't expected this and it wasn't necessary, but he said he realized how behind we are. He then tells me that he told his boss that he was at the hospital with me.... I hate lies like that, they always have a way of coming true. I told him this and he told me to just be careful and don't let anything happen to myself. One of his co-workers is a friend of ours and is on my facebook. I have to be careful today to not say anything on there.

"Oh what a web we weave when we practice to deceive". My grandmother told me this quote over and over as I was growing up as I was quite the little "storyteller".

I have brought a dozen or so ornaments to work with me to paint and do my part on. He will have a lot burned for me when I get home, and I am off tomorrow so can stay up late tonight to work on them.

I have now registered us for shows every weekend starting November 17th until December 16th. His last day of work is Friday so he should be able to keep up with me easier now.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In

At least it's not a gain :/
    dqupqi0rr3mj.png
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 great job on resisting the snacks and doing the workout. I know I really struggle in the evenings when I’m tired so well done for being so strong! Yikes, I’m with you on being uncomfortable with lying. I hope you get all the prep done and the show is a big success. I love your ornaments. Do you do personalised ones? My daughter’s godmother comes over every year to help us decorate our tree - it has been a tradition since my ex left. And she always brings the girls a new personalised ornament, which they love.

I’ve had an ok day. Got lots done but it is so hard to avoid mindless snacking when at home off work! Especially when today’s activity with the kids involved baking :#:s

I’m just about maintaining but I would like to tighten up on intake in the next few weeks ahead of my 40th and then Christmas.

Wednesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Make cookie dough and icing for girls to decorate ✅
    - Play date here from 9:45 ✅
    - Make mac and cheese with L ✅
    - Post/paperwork/car tax ✅ hooray!!
    - Maybe yoga? ❎
    - Def early night ✅

Thursday goals
    - morning workout
    - Kids up and ready to drop P for her day out. Remember swim kit and cash for pizza lunch
    - Play date at home for L. Make clementine cake
    - Pick up P by 3:30. Drop her to cinema for 4:30
    - Revise poem with L
    - Out with bf?

Night all x
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 - there will be a sorting hat added to each set as well I just don’t have those painted yet.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    98wehxasn5qb.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    ujiqiwv90mby.jpg
    uzjfvmy8i25g.jpg

This is why I have been absent on this site for awhile! Finally finished (or almost finished!) the quilt to send to my cousin, along with 6 chemo hats. I thought the prayer on the back was perfect.

OK... now back to logging my food and posting more often!

That is beautiful - I love the scripture sewn in.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @snowflake1968 great job on resisting the snacks and doing the workout. I know I really struggle in the evenings when I’m tired so well done for being so strong! Yikes, I’m with you on being uncomfortable with lying. I hope you get all the prep done and the show is a big success. I love your ornaments. Do you do personalised ones? My daughter’s godmother comes over every year to help us decorate our tree - it has been a tradition since my ex left. And she always brings the girls a new personalised ornament, which they love.

I’ve had an ok day. Got lots done but it is so hard to avoid mindless snacking when at home off work! Especially when today’s activity with the kids involved baking :#:s

I’m just about maintaining but I would like to tighten up on intake in the next few weeks ahead of my 40th and then Christmas.

Wednesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Make cookie dough and icing for girls to decorate ✅
    - Play date here from 9:45 ✅
    - Make mac and cheese with L ✅
    - Post/paperwork/car tax ✅ hooray!!
    - Maybe yoga? ❎
    - Def early night ✅

Thursday goals
    - morning workout
    - Kids up and ready to drop P for her day out. Remember swim kit and cash for pizza lunch
    - Play date at home for L. Make clementine cake
    - Pick up P by 3:30. Drop her to cinema for 4:30
    - Revise poem with L
    - Out with bf?

Night all x

Thank you, Yes I use a paint marker at the shows and personalize for free. I love the Godmother coming to decorate. I usually do a big decorating day with my girls and whoever else wants to come along. I actually booked all of my shows for the season yesterday and today and have left two Sunday's open for decorating. Also one for relaxing. Working 7 days a week will get tiring fast I imagine. It will be worth it if I can do all of my Christmas shopping with sales though.

I need to tighten up a lot too, not just with the holidays approaching just because I'm not showing any significant progress and I have goals!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So on to Tuesday
    Got a busy day today, lots of things to do!

- 8 glasses of water ❎
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Exercise❎ (maybe we'll see..)
    - Video of car❎

Meh for Tuesday, still in the green though!

Wednesday
    - 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - school disco!✔️
    - put laundry away❎

October Challenge - Daily Mile

Oct 1: N/A
    Oct 2: N/A
    Oct 3:✔️
    Oct 4:✔️
    Oct 5:✔️
    Oct 6:❎
    Oct 7:❎
    Oct 8:❎
    Oct 9:✔️
    Oct 10:❎
    Oct 11:✔️
    Oct 12:✔️
    Oct 13:❎
    Oct 14:❎
    Oct 15:✔️
    Oct 16:❎
    Oct 17:✔️
    Oct 18: ✔️
    Oct 19:✔️
    Oct 20:✔️
    Oct 21:❎
    Oct 22:✔️
    Oct 23: ✔️
    Oct 24:
    Oct 25:
    Oct 26:
    Oct 27:
    Oct 28:
    Oct 29:
    Oct 30:
    Oct 31:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    ujiqiwv90mby.jpg
    uzjfvmy8i25g.jpg

This is why I have been absent on this site for awhile! Finally finished (or almost finished!) the quilt to send to my cousin, along with 6 chemo hats. I thought the prayer on the back was perfect.

Oh my gosh, this is so special!!!! You do such beautiful work, Joan! She will love it and be so touched! <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Just for Wednesday:
    1. Up by 5:30 so I'm not late for 0700 meeting :)
    2. Journal every bite :)
    3. Step goal 7000 / active every hour / walk during lunch :( My hip and leg was sore, so I'm afraid to push it.
    4. Water, Water, Water :( I get so engrossed in what I'm doing that I totally forget to even drink! I really need to do a better job of this.
    5. 5 Fruits/Veggies :)
    6. Evening Tasks :) Maddie to vet, clothes set out for tomorrow, coffee ready to go, lunch packed, dishes done, bullet journal updated.
    7. Unplug by 7:00 before Survivor & Seal Team come on TV ;) Well, not quite. I watched my shows and then came on to update! LOL
    8. Make time for Body :) stretches today/ Mind :) reading / Spirit :) Joyce Meyer podcast
    9. Gratitude journal :) / Simple Abundance :) / Dodie Olsteen reading :) / sleeping by 10:30 :)(hoping even earlier...going to bed right now)

October Goals
    Out of the 180's by end of month.
    Walk 5/7 days per week
    Increase distance of walk, to park by end of month
    Swap out seasonal clothing :) Done
    Make appts: Derm, Ophthalmology :) , FP, Day Spa (massage), dentist :)
    Return/exchange 2 sweaters Keeping.
    Bake 2 Christmas things on weekends

October Challenge - Walk 1 Mile:
    10/1: :smile:
    10/2: :smile:
    10/3: :smile:
    10/4: :smile:
    10/5: :smile:
    10/6: :smile:
    10/7: :smile:
    10/8: :smile:
    10/9: :smile:
    10/10: :frowning: Walked Maddie but was less than a mile in length because didn't want to get caught in rain!
    10/11: :naughty: windy and sore hip = stayed in.
    10/12: :smile: Got my steps in at the dog park with Maddie.
    10/13: :frowning: Watched Brewer game and it was dark and I was no longer motivated by the time it ended!
    10/14: :smile:
    10/15: :smile:
    10/16: :weary: Sick with virus
    10/17: :weary: Sick with virus - in Urgent Care
    10/18: :weary: Just starting to feel better
    10/19: :smile:
    10/20: :smile:
    10/21: :smile:
    10/22: :smile:
    10/23: :weary: Exhausted mentally from work, even though it was a great day. I did still hit my step goal, just no extra walk.
    10/24: :naughty: Leg and hip sore today. Stood a lot at meetings and at my stand-up desk. Didn't get walk in.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 beautiful! You’re so talented.
    @snowflake1968 my kids would LOVE the HP ornaments! They look great.
    @bex953172 - you are doing so well with the mile challenge! Lots more ticks than crosses now!
    @PackerFanInGB - well done for resting the hip. I know it must be frustrating but you’ve only just gone back to work and it will take some time to build up the fitness and stamina. Hope you wake up refreshed and pain free today.

I have such a busy day today. Up early to get a start on it and work out. Happy Thursday everyone! X
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    ujiqiwv90mby.jpg
    uzjfvmy8i25g.jpg

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!👏👏👏👏😍 BLESS YOU🌹💖💖💖
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JFTHURSDAY

GET UP EARLY
    EXERCISE
    DRINK
    CHILDREN TO BUS STOP
    BOOK TO LIBRARY
    BACK HOME TO STRAIGHTEN BEDROOM
    MAKE GREEN TEA
    EAT CHICKEN SALAD
    EXERCISE
    READ
    LOG
    BED

SENDING LOVE, HUGS, AND HAND CLAPS FOR ALL MY SISTERS🙌👏👏👏💖💖💖💖🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🙏
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Make and Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :neutral:
    - Be in the green :smiley:
    - 2 litres water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - 1h30 lunch break :/ I ended up taking less as I got bogged down writing feedback on one of my colleagues for his six month review. He's someone that does everything to cover his own *kitten* and make himself look good whilst not really contributing very much and frequently throwing his colleagues (including me) under the bus. I enjoyed writing this feedback :smile: But it took a while, as I had to make it constructive and fact based rather than just an emotional rant which took a while! It was therapeutic >:)
    - Meditate :/ No time because of shorter lunch
    - French homework :smiley: Yes! Only a little, and it got overtaken by more new work by the evening, but I managed to do something!
    - Finish work at 5 latest :neutral: 5.15 as I ended up having a chat with my boss about what he knows about how we can influence our roles in the new structure. It took twenty minutes to establish that he knows nothing. However, the conversation reminded me that there is an email address that we can send restructure questions to so I've decided just to ask the question directly and not faff about!
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :smiley:

Current calorie balance: 160 under

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - Be in the green with a deficit
    - 3+ bottles water
    - 2 gin and tonics only
    - Run to work

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book
    - Finish work at 5pm
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Morning all!
    It's dark now when I get up for the girls, makes me feel like I should still be in bed!
    I'm gonna post my goals in a couple of hours when I'm properly awake.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    762udt3u6wsu.jpg

Loving all the HP talk and the ornaments are awesome!
    Thought you'd all appreciate my pyjamas LOL
  • gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    gojolida wrote: »

wednesday goals:
    1. drink water until the MFP cup overfloweth DONE! 74 oz
    2. workout DONE! sort of. well, i went for a walk!
    3. set a timer for 2 hrs to focus on a project that i've been avoiding DONE!!!!
    4. put away my cel phone until evening DONE! it's amazing how much more I do
    5. clean out the fridge DONE! room for fresh veggies

which brings me to Thursday goals:

1. do something active first thing in the morning
    2. grocery shop (fresh veggies!)
    3. 2 hrs of timed work again -- that really made me feel good and i made a lot of progress.

didn't realize how easily distracted i've become!
  • Bex953172
    Options

wednesday goals:
    1. drink water until the MFP cup overfloweth DONE! 74 oz
    2. workout DONE! sort of. well, i went for a walk!
    3. set a timer for 2 hrs to focus on a project that i've been avoiding DONE!!!!
    4. put away my cel phone until evening DONE! it's amazing how much more I do
    5. clean out the fridge DONE! room for fresh veggies

which brings me to Thursday goals:

1. do something active first thing in the morning
    2. grocery shop (fresh veggies!)
    3. 2 hrs of timed work again -- that really made me feel good and i made a lot of progress.

didn't realize how easily distracted i've become!

What a great day you had!
    I think that's a pretty good approach to a project because you know you have a set time to work with!
    Well done anyway and good luck with today's goals!