Need to lose a ton of weight...

Options
Okay, not really a ton but it certainly feels like it (100 pounds). I'm tired of being the unhealthy fat chick who has a "pretty face". Half of me is doing it for vanity; the other, my son. He's 6 and, being the only parent in the home, wants me to do things with him all the time. I do, but it's just so exhausting. I lost this weight before so I know I can do it again. Just need to find that willpower I had several years ago....:-/

Replies

• DvoycY
    DvoycY Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Go hard but don't push the limits. I went from 200 to 135 (pounds) at a 1000 deficit, losing almost a kg per week. Anything more, given a busy life, may cause a backfire, given that you have lost it before but back up on the scale (although I understand that it can be more difficult as a woman, given emotions and childbirth).

Nonetheless, I see that you are looking more for motivation than an advice but still wanted to wish all the best. Obv, CICO is the King and diet is a major tool.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    DvoycY wrote: »
    Go hard but don't push the limits. I went from 200 to 135 (pounds) at a 1000 deficit, losing almost a kg per week. Anything more, given a busy life, may cause a backfire, given that you have lost it before but back up on the scale (although I understand that it can be more difficult as a woman, given emotions and childbirth).

Nonetheless, I see that you are looking more for motivation than an advice but still wanted to wish all the best. Obv, CICO is the King and diet is a major tool.

men can lose weight more easily because they don't have emotions? :huh:
  • DvoycY
    DvoycY Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    DvoycY wrote: »

men can lose weight more easily because they don't have emotions? :huh:

There's some level present as well but I believe that sometimes women are having more pressure being applied onto them unfairly. Personally, when there's more pressure in my life I would be more likely to prioritize solving them rather than being perfect with my diet.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Think of how fun it would be to hike, jog or bike with your son! Focus on him and you'll forget all about food. Allow yourself to get a bit hungry, nothing wrong with that. Keep to sweets drawer almost empty, that will not only help you, but keep temptations away for your boy. Do it together ;-) (you lose, he learns a healthy lifestyle). Cook together, teach him what's healthy and what not. And spend time outdoors, as much as you can.

Good luck!!! Feel free to add me as friend, my boys are around this age, too.
  • SummerTwentyOne
    SummerTwentyOne Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Omg girl I was in your shoes and I have to tell you, you’re life will change!! You feel so much fitter and confident and healthier! I was also the “pretty face” fat girl (I still have a little more to go) but you don’t realize how different you look in comparison. I’m 25lbs away from losing my 100 and I’m NEVER going back again. I KNOW you can do it too. Set how many calories you need to eat, make sure you’re eating proper food that’s full of nutrients, a little bit of exercise and it will melt off!

You got this girl!!!
  • larman64
    larman64 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im on day 4 of my diet with over 100 lbs to go, I feel your pain. Just hang in, one day at a time you can do it!
  • leobrah
    leobrah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 10 pounds recently, but went on a holiday and it ruined my rhythm and dieting. I gained back like 4 pounds but considering what I eat it's all good. I thought I was going to lose all progress. Anyway, I'm back on my goal just like you :) I've got 84 pounds to lose and it's a ton for sure. Hang in there, today is my first day "again" :)
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm very close to having 50 pounds gone! I take care of my 2 year old grandson everyday and do so much more physical activity with him. We go on walks, I play on the playground equipment and one thing I never did much of was run. We have "races" and it is so amazing not to be out of breath! What helped me the most was thinking of losing in 10 pound increments or setting small goals. I still have some weight to lose and right now I am at a stand still-but I am determined to keep going! YOU CAN DO IT! The support from here is wonderful! I suggest taking advantage of it!
  • jordanaholmes314
    jordanaholmes314 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I know the feeling ! I also got the “your not fat, you’re just tall” because I’m 5’11 and the scale looks a little different for me. Doesn’t mean I can use it as an excuse! You got this !
  • GPBTBC
    GPBTBC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too. Day 1. Journey to lose 100lbs.
  • Aggykisac
    Aggykisac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started 1 week ago to loose this 100 pounds I have gàined over the past 25 years. It is hard forsure but I will never stop until I get there. Willpower is the hardest thing to have. When ever I want to eat something I'm not supposed to. I just remind myself just because I am craving that doesn't been I am going to eat it. So far so good.