5'2 women/Comfortable weight?

Options
At 5'2, about what weight do you think you looked the best or were most comfortable at? I would like to get around 135 ish but not really sure what a 'good' weight for my height is. I'm just curious. 🙂

Side note-i know it kind of depends on your body type too. I think I'm more towards the "heavier set" (Not sure of the word lol) side, as in bigger boobs/butt/hips etc

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 138. Definitely still have some lower half fluff to lose, but I'm not uncomfortable right now. I have a small frame based on wrist size but am 'blessed' in the hips and boobs department. I can feel and see my hip bones now, measuring 40 inches. Currently thinking I'll shoot for 130 and probably recomp at that point. 110-120 for women our height isn't unreasonable at all; that low of a weight just isn't for me.
  • colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think I was happiest with a maintenance range of 106-110. I started around 150 and I've been down to 102.

I'm currently at the low end and am working to gain back to that range in a slow/purposeful way in conjunction with recomp.

I used to be blessed in the boobs department, can't say that applies so much anymore. I'm still hourglass shaped though and fairly proportional in build, they just shrunk along with me :D I lost about 10" each in my bust and waist measurements with my hips staying a little larger with only around a 6" loss.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’2.5” and 130 from a high of 183. I feel pretty comfortable at this weight- I wear a size 4 pant/jeans and a S or XS top.
    For reference, my current measurements are 36/29/36. I still have some fat and loose skin on my lower stomach area and my inner thighs.
    After being at a deficit for 9 months, I am maintaining right now and at some point I may decide to work to lose another 5 pounds.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1.5inches. My current weight is 133lbs. I am aiming to get back down to 112lbs which is 8 stone. I have a very petite frame so need the lower weight. My sister is the same height but is much broader so my current weight is more her scene. It depends on your frame I think.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and am happiest at 125.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I look and feel my best around 112-115.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,034 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", currently at 138 and working to get back under 135 and maintain around 132-134ish.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'3" and currently weigh 124. I'm trying to get back to my high school/college weight of 115 lbs but I'm reconsidering. I was at that weight 2 years ago and looking at old pictures, I was skin and bones. I'm working out a lot and I'm starting to see a lot of muscle definition that I like. My measurements are the lowest they've ever been. So, I don't know if I really want to lose any more or just concentrate on building more muscles.
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’2.5. I’ve lost weight many times because of pregnancies. I start to feel good around 130-135. I feel great at 123-125.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 137, usually a size 6 (just put on a 4). Before I started lifting, I was closer to a size 10.

Muscularity can cause you to "weigh more" than you might "look like you weigh."
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2" and my goal is 62kg or 136lbs. Once I get there I plan on maintaining for a few months, then maybe aim for 56/57kg (124/126lbs) depending on how I'm feeling.

I am reasonably muscular however, and I intend to maintain (if not gain) that muscularity. So that'll increase my scale weight for my overall body shape.

Edit: And for reference I'm a fair hourglass shape naturally. I have reasonably broad shoulders and wider hips. My bum isn't quite as round as I'd like it though, so I don't want to go too low and lose my butt completely

Also, I like food too much, so I don't think that I'd be capable of maintaining at a much lower weight.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm only 5'0". I am really happy at 120lbs for now, I think I may shoot for 110-115 after I'm done breastfeeding.

I'm working on recomp for now.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    5ft1.5inches here. Does that count?!? :D

Starting weight was 128 now 114lbs
    Waist was 27.5 inch now 25 inch
    Hips were 40 inch now 37 inch
    Under bust was 28 inch now still 28 inch

Nothing up top and it’s all on the hips!

Ab definition is happening but my ribs show even when standing relaxed.
    Hips and thighs are still massive though and VERY MUCH still touching each other haha

Was happy when I was 110 but I believe at low weight that building muscle to shape the body is more important than just the scale.

Pretty much exactly the same except a tad shorter (who knows, I've been measured anywhere between 5' and 5'2") and slightly lighter. I have a very small frame and it depends on the amount of muscle I have at what weight I'm comfortable at. With little muscle mass, 95lbs was good, now there's no way I could go there. I think 105 would be my cutoff. I'm around 109 right now and feel OK, but with just a tab more lower belly fat than I prefer.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    This is going to really depend on your body composition and build. My wife is 5'2" and has an athletic build and played competitive soccer and rugby for much of her life and has more muscle than I typically see on most women...her summer "pool side" weight is typically around 125 and 135 in the winter. She looks good at both weights...pretty lean and "toned" at 125 with some ab definition in the right light and a little more fluffy at 135.

She has a good friend who is also 5'2" who has a very small, petite build and doesn't carry much muscle...she sits around 105-110 and looks fine...my wife would look like she's on her death bed at that weight and her friend would look rather chunky at even my wife's lower weight.

This. I'm 5'2 and currently bouncing around between 135 and 138, but I've also lifted for several years and have some (not a lot...!) of ab and glute definition at this weight.

I doubt I'd want to get below 125; I worked hard for this extra muscle weight I put on. I'm aiming for 130 and will reassess from there. I'm pretty comfortable where I'm at, but the vanity is strong with this one.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’3 and lowest weight was 127. Still had weight to lose and think I’d have been comfortable at 115-120. Currently 150, trying to get back down.