Hate drinking water!!

Options
Any tricks to help water intake?

Replies

• OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I get those big bottles of gator-aid, and mix it 50/50 with water in a big pitcher.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    bottled water usually tastes better. I like the little flavored powder packs mixed in a quart
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I find it a lot easier to drink seltzer water, or other carbonated water. Cold from the fridge. I don't know why, but it goes down a lot faster/easier for me.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Squirt some lemon in it. It doesn't add calories and gives it a flavor.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Drink when you feel like it. Definitely drink at least a cup after you worked up a sweat.
  • Brettw1
    Brettw1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use heavily diluted electrolyte mix, also helps me reach my sodium intake
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Read Stranger in a Strange Land.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I prefer my water with lots of ice and to drink it with a straw. I can easily suck down 4-6 cups of ice water at a meal.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I prefer carbonated flavored waters. La Croix or whatever brand are pretty much always in my fridge and make it easier for me to stay hydrated.

Also, for some reason drinking water is easier if I use a straw.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Do you hate the taste of water or are you trying to maximise your intake and not enjoying that you are constantly chugging water?

I have a bottle of plain water on my desk when I work to sip at, I use a flavoured no sugar added fruit cordial at home with dinner and usually a glass just sitting beside me as I'm watching TV or whatever. I guess my top tip is always to have water handy? But poster above is right, if your pee is clear-ish then you don't need to worry about forcing yourself to drink "8 glasses a day".
  • cravinglifechants
    cravinglifechants Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm also not a major fan of the taste, or lack of taste, of water - so I know your pain! Personally, I've turned to water enhancers. I use an enhancer that is electrolyte infused in the mornings when I exercise, and then I use a straight forward 0Cal one during the day. It doesn't add much of anything, except it does make the taste of the water tolerable. And I love that there are usually several flavors to choose from!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Do you have any signs you are dehydrated OP?
    If not then why are you concerned?

Just drink what you enjoy in the quantity that keeps you adequately hydrated - a lot of my hydration comes from cups of tea. How very British! ;)
  • kabrina30
    kabrina30 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I don't.

I drink water if I feel like I want water, like after a run but I don't force myself to drink it when I don't want to. Drinking a ton of water doesn't magically help you lose weight. Drink what you like and stay hydrated.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Do you have any signs you are dehydrated OP?
    If not then why are you concerned?

Just drink what you enjoy in the quantity that keeps you adequately hydrated - a lot of my hydration comes from cups of tea. How very British! ;)

Most of my hydration throughout the day come from tea as well.

We're not fighting the stereotypes are we :lol: