Gluteus Maximus

Options
ok so I sit at a desk all day right? So I thought - I'd do some uhhhhh crunches while I sit here at the computer. I started yesterday. Let me just tell you that my muscles are ... wow ... feeling the burn!!! It's amazing!!! Everyone around me must think I'm nuts because I keep going up and down in my seat LOL but hey - I don't care!!

Another thing I've been trying to do is - every time I get up to go to the potty ... I tighten my stomach muscles .... it's amazing how just doing these two things have affected my muscles!!

If anyone has any other "sit at your desk" exercises ... give em' up!! I'm ready to try everything!!!

Replies

• YankeesGirl
    YankeesGirl Posts: 1,359
    Options
    ok so I sit at a desk all day right? So I thought - I'd do some uhhhhh crunches while I sit here at the computer. I started yesterday. Let me just tell you that my muscles are ... wow ... feeling the burn!!! It's amazing!!! Everyone around me must think I'm nuts because I keep going up and down in my seat LOL but hey - I don't care!!

Another thing I've been trying to do is - every time I get up to go to the potty ... I tighten my stomach muscles .... it's amazing how just doing these two things have affected my muscles!!

If anyone has any other "sit at your desk" exercises ... give em' up!! I'm ready to try everything!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I thought you were paging Max :laugh:

I hold my abs in pretty much all day at my computer...not only working the abs...but helping with the posture.

Yay you for not caring what people think and doing your own thing!! :drinker:
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options

I try to do squats and wall pushups when i go potty. I also jump in my cube like jump roping.
    Pam:smokin:
  • YankeesGirl
    Options
    If I start jumping in my cube - the people on the second floor will be running for their lives!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    LOL, this thread is awesome. I totally mean that in a real true way. I think what you're doing is great YankeesGirl (despite your name :grumble: )

One tip I can give you lady, is get a fitness ball (or called a sport ball or an exercise ball sometimes) to sit on at your desk. Believe it or not, these are AWESOME for passive core work (including abs, lower back, gluts, and your groin area). You can pick one up at walmart for like 25 bucks. So worth it.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    how do you do crunches sitting at a computer?? I would love to get an ab workout in while sittung here
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options

I sit here and I do Kegals, and i tighten my butt muscles. lol I also hold my abs in and sit up straight with both feet on the ground. I also throw in wall push ups and jumping jacks during potty breaks. lol
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

:wink: Girl you are motivated....always awesome to see that!!
  • anabellebf
    Options
    One of my friends replaced her office chair with a balance ball. You work your abs all day!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I also do leg kicks at my desk. Put your legs straight out and scissor them. I do 3 sets of 10 and I can feel the burn on inner and outer thighs.
  • YankeesGirl
    Options
    It is going to PAIN me to do this ... but I just might have to take advice from a Red Sox Fan .... oh that makes my heart race just thinking about it!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

We can be friends right up till opening day. :wink:
  • YankeesGirl
    Options
    Ok but if it leaks out ... and Yankee fans find out :noway: it might get ugly then I just have to deny deny deny!!!! :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a call to Max too!:laugh:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a call to Max too!:laugh:

:laugh: Glad I am not the only one.

And Arewethereyet, I tried the scissor thing this afternoon...ouch! But in a good way. :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It would definitely be fitting. :indifferent:
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse and I'm up as much as I'm down (at the desk). Everyone at work knows what I'm doing and they laugh because I won't stay still. I do push ups against the desk while I"m talking at the desk, jumping jacks or squats when I'm doing faxes. Knee lifts in my chair. Anything that gets me moving I'm game for. As long as I don't freak out the patients or their families.:laugh: