I have no idea what I will look like when I hit my goal.

Options
Just a random thought:
I have been gradually gaining weight since I was 14 years old. Now I am at my heaviest and working my way back down. It dawned on me that I honestly have no idea what I will look like when I hit my goal weight as an adult. Anyone share this thought?

Replies

• JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    yes, but the surprise will be nice...right? lol
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight since my 1st pregnancy - since I was 22! I've lost weight before, but I've never made it to goal or back to pre-pregnancy weight. I'm excited to see myself reach goal too.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »
    yes, but the surprise will be nice...right? lol

Yep! The upside is there won’t be any room for disappointment since I don’t have any real preconceived expectations.

that's great attitude to have. Stay that way!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this last night! The last time I was at my goal weight was in high school (10 years ago!) so I really have no idea what I’m going to look like when I finally reach my goal. Honestly, I’m not even sure if the weight I picked as my goal weight is the best - is it too low, too high? Idk!
  • caseypaige84
    caseypaige84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight since my 1st pregnancy - since I was 22! I've lost weight before, but I've never made it to goal or back to pre-pregnancy weight. I'm excited to see myself reach goal too.

I totally understand. I not sure why I let it go this far, but I now weigh more than I did when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. This time I will loose all the baby weight and then some. Having fun dreaming about the new wardrobe for when I finally get there.
  • caseypaige84
    caseypaige84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this last night! The last time I was at my goal weight was in high school (10 years ago!) so I really have no idea what I’m going to look like when I finally reach my goal. Honestly, I’m not even sure if the weight I picked as my goal weight is the best - is it too low, too high? Idk!
    I’ve set my ultimate goal for a healthy BMI, which means I need too loose a total of 100lbs. That’s a big number so I’ve made a few NSV’s top priority. I’ll get there eventually.

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I’ve set my ultimate goal for a healthy BMI, which means I need too loose a total of 100lbs. That’s a big number so I’ve made a few NSV’s top priority. I’ll get there eventually.

I’ve set mine more toward the middle of a healthy BMI, I don’t want to be at the top of that range. It’s about 50 lbs away for me!

But I’m keeping that goal flexible, if I’m happy 5 lbs higher than what I’ve set then I’ll just stop there.
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Totally understand this - I've never been under about 190 pounds since my mid teens. One of my big motivators at this point, not I'm back to 190 after a weight gain in the past few years, is just curiosity. I know what my body is like while I fluctuate back and forth over these 30 pounds, as I've been doing for 15 years. But getting lower is whole new territory I'm very curious about.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    Your body changes as you age anyway.

I was quite slender up till my early 40s, then I gained a bit of weight. When I lost it again in my late 40s and dropped to the weight I had been in my 30s, I discovered I couldn't wear a lot of the clothing I used to wear in my 30s. I was the same weight, but things had shifted.

I have a collection of tops I was hoping to get back into, but I think I'll have to package them up and send them off to one of the local OP shops.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I not sure why I let it go this far, but I now weigh more than I did when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. This time I will loose all the baby weight and then some. Having fun dreaming about the new wardrobe for when I finally get there.

Just a suggestion based on my experience. I’ve lost over 100lbs and it’s been gone for years.

I’m a guy. This came as a big big shock.
    I think around the time I lost the first 25lbs, I decided to reward myself with a new suit.
    It was a game changer.

Before that, I had dressed like an unmade bed. But that new suit, not only was it new, but it fit properly. I was still in the BMI obese range, but I looked pretty good.

I wanted more. I soon met Harry the tailor. He taught me how to dress. Before I knew it I was in the gym. My appearance became a huge motivator. No one was more surprised than I was. I became the office fashion plate. Playing dress up was great fun.

All of this is to suggest you don’t have to wait to get to goal. If you are into clothes, start now. A lot of folks think buying clothes that they hope will be too big soon is a waste. But nothing that works to support your efforts is a waste. Try it.

The final irony. When I made goal I started buying my clothes a Marshals. I thought I looked good in anything.