Are you addicted to peanut butter? If so, this is the support group for you!

Options
Peanut butter in moderate quantities is not an evil food. However, peanut butter consumed in heaping spoonfuls directly out of the jar... between meals, after meals... anytime really... is a problem! lol.

Are there any other peanut butter junkies out there? Any good recipes to share so I can eat this delicious stuff in moderation?

xisifx2e7pgv.jpg

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is life...it and my food scale have a special long-term relationship that will never die.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter chickpea curry <3 I love anything peanut butter
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Peanut butter is life...it and my food scale have a special long-term relationship that will never die.

Does that make it a three way?
  • kami3006
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Does that make it a three way?

That's just how we roll around here. ;)B):p
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter as well and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a cup of coffee is my favorite breakfast. Also, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my weakness; I could eat them until I'm ill.

I've been sitting here thinking that I'll need to be careful tomorrow night when we hand out candy for the trick-or-treater's (Halloween). My wife bought some kind of chocolate and peanut butter covered pretzels to hand out and I'll be sorely tempted to eat them as I'm handing them out.
  • kami3006
    Options
    I love peanut butter as well and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a cup of coffee is my favorite breakfast. Also, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my weakness; I could eat them until I'm ill.

I've been sitting here thinking that I'll need to be careful tomorrow night when we hand out candy for the trick-or-treater's (Halloween). My wife bought some kind of chocolate and peanut butter covered pretzels to hand out and I'll be sorely tempted to eat them as I'm handing them out.

I'm a peanut butter and banana sandwich with coffee person myself. I have it almost daily.

And yeah, Reese's .... <3
  • pinuplove
    Options
    Peanut butter toast is a nice little breakfast. PB and apples. PB and dark chocolate. A spoonful of PB (20g or so) is a nice little pick-me-up in the afternoon if I'm feeling blah. However, I cannot be trusted with the jar. At all.

• clynds
    clynds Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on toast with sliced banana is my go to. And, I can't buy the peanut butter cups at halloween. TOOOOO DANGEROUS! Lol.
  • kami3006
    Options
    clynds wrote: »
    Peanut butter on toast with sliced banana is my go to. And, I can't buy the peanut butter cups at halloween. TOOOOO DANGEROUS! Lol.

That's because at Halloween you need to be buying pb pumpkins. :*

cups pff.
  • pinuplove
    Options

cups pff.

I think we're soul mates.
  • LiveInLeggings
    LiveInLeggings Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oh I have a serious peanut butter problem. I won't eat it any other way than straight out of the jar with a chopstick (I know, weird). I've gotten better, but it's a daily struggle.
  • kami3006
    Options

cups pff.

I'm starting to get that feeling too.

I have a fantastic recipe for making Reese's PB at home. I make cups during the holidays. :p
  • pinuplove
    Options

cups pff.

I'm starting to get that feeling too.

I have a fantastic recipe for making Reese's PB at home. I make cups during the holidays. :p

That's sounds like something I (don't) need.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I usually buy the singles instead of the jar to keep me from doing that.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options

hang on - that's a thing? that one can buy? why have I never seen these.... (like in Halloween candy sorta packagging obviously I know you can buy choco covered pretzels...)
  • kami3006
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »

hang on - that's a thing? that one can buy? why have I never seen these.... (like in Halloween candy sorta packagging obviously I know you can buy choco covered pretzels...)

They have pb pretzels year round but you can find them more prominently displayed for Halloween in small packages for handing out. Some are Reese's dipped some just PB.
    x93h5d43ct2t.png

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Reese's peanut butter spread #dangerous that's all (I also make peanut butter butter cream whenever I do baking )
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

The holiday shapes are the best. Pumpkins, trees, eggs... All of them have a better PB to chocolate ratio than the cups (especially the mini cups - really, why even bother!?) :tongue:

#truth