Help! Pancakes calories

Options
anb3600
anb3600 Posts: 46 Member
edited October 2018 in Food and Nutrition
lorm48t97efs.jpeg

Hello everyone,
My family are planning on visiting the Pancake House for breakfast in a couple of days. Can anyone help me guess the lowest calorie item on the menu? I’m assuming the American style pancakes will be higher in calories and I will ask for dressing on the side with any order.
Any comments would be useful! Thank you

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The food database here on MFP appears to have a lot of entries from Pancake House. They also have their nutrition facts (including calories) listed on their website: http://ophdfw.com/nutrition-facts/
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    honestly I would order what is most appealing to you and the eat what your calories allow.
    And try to preestimate what is it the order if you have an idea of sizes. Example I have weighed avocado so much that I can roughly estimate 100g and what 1 oz of chorizo looks like, same goes for spinach, then i would enter that plus 2 ihop pancakes and skip the dressing. Obviously I'll be off by some but I would try to err on the side of overestimating.
    But happening every once in a while won't kill your logging.

I have no idea what would be the least calorific because they could give you alot of avocado on one but only a little granola; there are so many calorie dense things listed for each item that until you see it on your plate, it would be hard to know what you are eating.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I would look for a fruit and cheese option and ask them to put the pancake on the side. In a perfect world, the restaurant would have a tasty and healthier variety of non-pancake options.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I see a few choices I would like and not worry too much about. Except for for the New York stack; that's a bit much and I don't eat pork. Most look like they have a reasonable sized pancake and the other ingredients on as toppings.My favorite would be that first one - blueberry pancake with banana. But I would probably get the Med one because it sounds interesting. This one meal is not going to wreck anything even if you have to guess.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    amy19355 wrote: »
    I would look for a fruit and cheese option and ask them to put the pancake on the side. In a perfect world, the restaurant would have a tasty and healthier variety of non-pancake options.

Why on earth would a pancake place make an effort on including non-pancake items?

Nevermind the fact that pancakes can be incorporated into an eating scheme. It’s all about the non-pancake choices you make outside that isolated meal.

OP: Get what you want. Structure the rest of your day around it.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    A pancake is actually not a bad option. It's the toppings that add up quickly.

Be smart about your portion and order whatever you want. 1 pancake plus about 1/4 of the toppings seems reasonable.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    The food database here on MFP appears to have a lot of entries from Pancake House. They also have their nutrition facts (including calories) listed on their website: http://ophdfw.com/nutrition-facts/

^^^ This. Look at the nutritional information ahead of time. Pick what will fit your day and you know you will enjoy.

I usually do this and don't even look at the rest of the menu when I get there, otherwise I'm tempted to pick something without having the information in front of me. Or I'll just accept that I'll be having a higher calorie day.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    It's just one meal. With your family. Enjoy it, and don't stress out about it. Eat what you'd like and build the rest of your day around it.