Losing Inches in hips and thighs (women specifically)

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue (the absolute last place I will lose weight is my hips and thighs)
    But it sounds more like you have an issue staying in a deficit.
    Log EVERYTHING you eat (I literally just logged a bite of a sugar cookie that I are from my child's cookie)
    And weigh everything you consume.
    I’m struggle with logging. I feel like I’m not getting it right so I’ll get frustrated logging everything and quit. I will endeavor to try harder. Thanks for the advice❤️❤️

Log for a few days then change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings and we can help you with logging.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Hips n thighs last place for inches lost for me, too. Currently I am about 7 # over top healthy weight range. Two years ago, when I was about 7# under my top healthy weight range, my hips were 2in smaller and my thighs were 1 in smaller. That 15# made the difference.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue (the absolute last place I will lose weight is my hips and thighs)
    Log EVERYTHING you eat (I literally just logged a bite of a sugar cookie that I are from my child's cookie)
    I’m struggle with logging. I feel like I’m not getting it right so I’ll get frustrated logging everything and quit. I will endeavor to try harder. Thanks for the advice❤️❤️
    IMO, when it comes to logging, doing it right is important; but not as important as doing it at all.

For me, at least, the actual record is very helpful, but what helps me the most is the accountability. It means that the idea of eating something doesn't just present itself to the less-intellectual parts of my brain, the parts that are likely to say "mmm... food... hungry... eat!," and sent the relevant signals to my hands and my mouth. Logging means that the forefront of my brain has to get involved, the part that says things like "Ice cream? ...For breakfast? ...Again?"

Sometimes I do eat ice cream for breakfast (and log it), and sometimes more than one day in a row. But that's only after I've made a thoughtful and conscious decision to do so, rather than as a result of letting the murkier part of my brain sneak it by the more rational part.

• Coffee_addict22
    Coffee_addict22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    IMO, when it comes to logging, doing it right is important; but not as important as doing it at all.

For me, at least, the actual record is very helpful, but what helps me the most is the accountability. It means that the idea of eating something doesn't just present itself to the less-intellectual parts of my brain, the parts that are likely to say "mmm... food... hungry... eat!," and sent the relevant signals to my hands and my mouth. Logging means that the forefront of my brain has to get involved, the part that says things like "Ice cream? ...For breakfast? ...Again?"

Sometimes I do eat ice cream for breakfast (and log it), and sometimes more than one day in a row. But that's only after I've made a thoughtful and conscious decision to do so, rather than as a result of letting the murkier part of my brain sneak it by the more rational part.
    Love this! Great wisdom! Mindless eating is something I struggle with! I make a lot of things from scratch and eat at some mom and pop places so it’s hard to be accurate. So I’ll get frustrated and quit. I have a bad meal and it turns into a bad day/week. I just have to get past the mental hump that I can’t do this.
  • Coffee_addict22
    Coffee_addict22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    HeyJudii wrote: »

I'm wondering why you feel like you are not getting it right. Please elaborate.

You eat a cookie, you log a cookie. You eat spaghetti & meat sauce for dinner, you log spaghetti & meat sauce for dinner. You eat salad for lunch, you log salad for lunch. You eat eggs & bacon for breakfast, you log eggs & bacon for breakfast. You eat yogurt, you log yogurt. And so on.

Over time, you will be able to look back and assess where you can make some cuts if you have to, or not. Yes, it can be tedious, but logging is for your benefit, it's not a test that you have to get right or fail miserably.

I make a lot of things from scratch and don’t measure everything. It’s just how I tend to cook. I also eat at a lot of places where I don’t have access to nutritional info for their menus. I’ll just count things as a bad meal and give up. I know a lot of my struggle is mental. I don’t know what to eat because I’m scared I will go over my calorie limit. So I’ll just eat crap. Or make excuses. It’s just a constant merry go round. I really want to lose the weight but just don’t have the support I need to get there