What is the highest amount of calories that you have consumed in one day ("cheat-day"?)?

Options
DvoycY
DvoycY Posts: 38 Member
5'10", 135 pounds male here - for me it is about just over 5000 calories (I fast until lunch and begin then (on my, "cheat-day"), as to to not eat "too much" :-) ).

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    That I've logged 6621 on days I've not logged could have been more who knows?
  • DvoycY
    Options
    I feel like I am under-eating then! Nice one, guys. I got to up my calories. :-)
  • DvoycY
    Options
    I feel like I am under-eating then! Nice one, guys. I got to up my calories. :-)
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    Not a cheat day, but I once walked 80k+ steps in a day and ate 4,916 calories. It was a great day indeed. Lol.

I've had a couple of those days (well over 70,000 steps anyway) and I have to say, that meal afterwards sure tastes so much nicer than a normal meal! Even then my calories were only 3,150 but that could be out as I was on holidays for the day I just checked and that meant no scales. I should add that I am wee high to a grasshopper so don't burn as much while exercising nor need as much food to maintain as the average person.
  • DvoycY
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Not a cheat day, but I once walked 80k+ steps in a day and ate 4,916 calories. It was a great day indeed. Lol.

I've had a couple of those days (well over 70,000 steps anyway) and I have to say, that meal afterwards sure tastes so much nicer than a normal meal! Even then my calories were only 3,150 but that could be out as I was on holidays for the day I just checked and that meant no scales. I should add that I am wee high to a grasshopper so don't burn as much while exercising nor need as much food to maintain as the average person.

Nice!

Personally, it takes me about an hour to hit 5000 steps (with about 200 calories burned) - how do you even hit 50000 steps is beyond me (would be an extra 2000 calories for me); congratulations!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    DvoycY wrote: »

Nice!

Personally, it takes me about an hour to hit 5000 steps (with about 200 calories burned) - how do you even hit 50000 steps is beyond me (would be an extra 2000 calories for me); congratulations!

I walked for over 45 kms that day. Most of it along a deserted beach. A beautiful way to spend a day!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,906 Member
    Options
    Maybe about 5000 calories ... on day when I was cycling all day long.

I've done four 1200 km randonnees ... cycling 1200 km in 90 hours or less, including all breaks. In order to keep that up for the 90 hours, we're trying to consume about 5000 calories per day. But that gets old pretty quickly. It's hard to keep doing that for 3 days in a row, so the number of calories usually starts to dwindle.
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I used to go over 5000 quite a bit when I first started logging. Used to have a bad soda problem, and that adds up real quick. I still hit 4000 quite a lot, but usually my steps even it back out.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    DvoycY wrote: »

Nice!

I once hit 50k, it took from morning to midnight, not constant walk but mostly walking.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    No idea. Thousands I'm sure.

I regularly go up to 3000 calories, but have other less hungry days that may go as low as 1000 kcal. If I'm hungry, I eat. It evens out in the end as long as my extra calories are not from foods that negatively affect my health or lead to cravings and hunger.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,926 Member
    Options
    A former poster here clocked 8,000 plus calories one Thanksgiving. He was really tall - like 6'8" IIRC.

I wasn't logging when I used to have super high calorie days.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I thought it was around 7k, but apparently I've had a higher day. This was physically my limit as I well into uncomfortably full, but there was so much good food and drinks to be had at a post marathon get together :grin: . I'm a 5'11" 150 lb male for reference.

edit: Added spoiler tag because the picture is rather long as you'd expect for a daily diary of that much food...
    ddbngkoo50z2.png
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    A former poster here clocked 8,000 plus calories one Thanksgiving. He was really tall - like 6'8" IIRC.

I wasn't logging when I used to have super high calorie days.

I remember that but can't recall his name ... texan or texas something. I loved that thread.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    When I worked(comercial carpenter), trained, played baseball, rode a bike, ran, etc...it was more than most could phantom. Since I don't log calories but maybe two months of the year its hard to tell. I'm tall, low body fat, & a athlete with plenty of muscle so it's been a eat fest most my life.

I know one summer I was never consuming less than 6k a day and up in the 12k range some days with total cals consumed.

I'm not a believer in eating anything is cheating as long as it fits your goals and compliance.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    aog8hyufvyd6.png

5’4 female 114 lbs, my day today and I’m still hungry lol... I feel like I could have easily eaten 3,000 more calories. Now i understand runger.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,275 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", weight in 130s, age 62. I've eaten 6000+ multiple times (though with some estimating involved - but I don't think it was way lower), and 5000+ isn't even hard. It's not "cheating" . . . it's just eating over goal, with the implication that I need to eat/exercise under goal over a period of time before or after to keep maintaining a healthy weight . . . something I've done for around 3 years now.

It's just food, not sin or moral turpitude. "Cheat days" are the weight management anti-equivalent of Santa Claus.