Net calories

Options
mamax5
mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
My net calories are around 950 for the day, does this mean I need to eat more to get it up to 1200? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just need a straight foward answer about this. I've been reading different posts about net calories and it seems to hint that I should, but I'm not certain. Still a newbie :tongue:

Replies

• lorettatat
    Options
    It took me a while to understand that also, yes you should more to get 1200 net.
  • lorettatat
    Options
    It took me a while to understand that also, yes you should more to get 1200 net.
  • heatherhicksfakih
    heatherhicksfakih Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just figured this to. If you eat 1200 calories a day and you burn say, 400 at the gym, you have to eat 400 to make up the 1200 again to be net. Confusin I know.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I can never get to my net, I think I did once, but yeah that net is to low
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The way the site and plan are designed, yes, your net should be as close as possible to your goal on your homepage.

Some folks say that doesn't work well for them, but following that plan worked great for me. :smile:
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    I have been on a low calorie diet for about a year and a half. I have lost almost 180 pounds and have not met my 1200 calorie goal. I had a lot of weight to lose. If you have a lot to lose then I wouldnt say you had to eat all those calories. Plus it doesnt make sense to me to exercise then eat the calories back unless you are in maintence phase. But find out what works for you. If you arent hungry then dont eat. Isnt that one thing that got you in the place to need to lose weight in the first place....I know it was for me!