Low Carb, Desserts mostly

Options
I have run across something that is a bit baffling to me. I have found it both here on MFP, and big time on Pinterest. Ok actually on many internet sites.
Been doing some research as in looking for yummy looking desserts.
My qualifer for looking for sugar free and low carb types as a T2 diabetic. I am looking for something kind of fancy looking, that will taste good, that I can take to some upcoming events. And I love to bake, and create. I digress back on topic.

What I have found, is many desserts will say low carb. Will state how many it serves, will give all the different ingredients. Give great instructions. And not one single word about the nutrition. I am like What!!!

I first honestly was like ok, somehow you managed to pick the one low carb dessert that does not have it. But nope, I am finding this is running true for about 85% or more of the recipes I am finding. So I find myself coming back to MFP and building the recipe to see what the nutrition value is to see what the calories, carbs, and fat content is.

I guess I am really surprised at the number of recipes being put out there by people saying it is low carb, etc.. but with no nutrition facts with it. For me before I make almost anything these days I want to know what is the protein, carbs, and fat, and sugar content. It drives whether I am going to make it be it a fish dish, chicken, vegetable, chili, soup, baked sweet treat.

Replies