Is this safe and okay?

Hello guys I was new here again at MyFitnessPal, so right now my goal is to lose weight 0.5kg a week and MyFitnessPal gave me a calorie goal of 1980, I'm 5'8, 78kg, 18 years old and lightly active spend my day walking some distance and in my feet. So my question is this calorie deficit is okay? I don't restrict my self from any food if it's fit in my calorie goal then it'll be okay. Your opinions and thoughts will matter for me as a listen thank you so much!

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    That sounds like a reasonable calorie goal for your height, weight, and age.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Sounds good. Go for it!
  • ferdhavebeenback
    ferdhavebeenback Posts: 4 Member

Yeah I'm in 500 calorie deficit, my actual calorie goal to maintain my weight is 2480 because I'm a lightly active person minus 500 it will be 1980, I did a math lol
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member

Yeah I'm in 500 calorie deficit, my actual calorie goal to maintain my weight is 2480 because I'm a lightly active person minus 500 it will be 1980, I did a math lol

You're good to go then! Enjoy deficit eating, it takes a while but the results will come.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,720 Member
    That's the perfect place to start, then!

After 4-6 weeks (6 for premenopausal women) you can evaluate your average weekly weight loss rate, and decide whether you need to adjust to lose at a moderate, healthy rate. Don't forget that when MFP sets your calorie goal, you're supposed to log intentional exercise separately, and eat back a reasonable portion of those calories, too.

Best wishes for great success!