Halloween

Options
The haul from ONE of my three trick or treating kids:

zqbllo60l8te.jpg

Mind you, she had contributed several hands full to the bowl we were using to hand out at the door.

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Hope they had fun! I'll take a Reese's or two off your hands. :*
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Hope they had fun! I'll take a Reese's or two off your hands. :*

I took two, and only two, almond joy's off her hands and enjoyed them thoroughly.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Amateur! Just kidding <3
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    Amateur! Just kidding <3

I'd love to eat all ze candies... But that is how I got fat, lol.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Should've stopped by my house. I only get like 20 kids so I hand out full-size Reese's cups (i.e. two cups per pack).
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Should've stopped by my house. I only get like 20 kids so I hand out full-size Reese's cups (i.e. two cups per pack).

I don't get a lot of kids either so this year I bought 3 packs of full size Reese's, Kit Kats, and Milky Ways... We still had some candy left by the end of the night but I'm hoping the kids will be back next year
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I bought a giant $25 bag of candy and I set it out in a bowl on my front step while we took our kids tot-ing and when we came back, it will still full. :( My neighborhood sucks. So now we have candy to last a year. Unfortunately (or fortunately maybe?) it's all candy that i don't care for.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I bought a giant $25 bag of candy and I set it out in a bowl on my front step while we took our kids tot-ing and when we came back, it will still full. :( My neighborhood sucks. So now we have candy to last a year. Unfortunately (or fortunately maybe?) it's all candy that i don't care for.

Same here, we had one small kid and a dressed up dog stop by....
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    We have a lot of candy left too, but I bought way too much. HOWEVER... I only bought candy with gluten in it, so I can't eat any of it. I've done this every year since my kids got too old to want to go out.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I guess I've spoiled my taste buds with dove dark chocolate promises because now when I eat kit kats and snickers etc. they don't taste as good as I remember them being :(
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    We have a lot of candy left too, but I bought way too much. HOWEVER... I only bought candy with gluten in it, so I can't eat any of it. I've done this every year since my kids got too old to want to go out.

I usually donate extra candy to the local retirement home. Some of those folks have no family and get no treats. Took 15lbs today. Sad year for trick or treating in my neck of the woods.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    We ran out pretty early but then again, we didn't buy much and at one point my daughter and her friend were giving out the candies and I think they were giving out a handful to each kid. After we ran out of candies, my daughter wanted to go out for a second round so we went across the street this time.

My kids prefer to run around the block to meet up with their little friends. I haven't looked at their candy stash yet but there isn't a lot.

We were handing out the good stuff and I managed to keep some of the Hershey's Cookies and Cream. That was dinner last night.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I had movies and food on Saturday and there were a bunch of leftover cookies I couldn't resist. Ended up on my stationary bike playing some Playstation so I wasn't eating a single slice of toast for dinner.
  • psychod787
    Options
    I had movies and food on Saturday and there were a bunch of leftover cookies I couldn't resist. Ended up on my stationary bike playing some Playstation so I wasn't eating a single slice of toast for dinner.

What game?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

What game?

I'm curious too! I've been playing some Final Fantasy X recently. Trying to get through 1-10 (have 1 and 2 left after I finish 10) just 'cause.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I have not had a piece of candy in over 2 years since I signed up here on mfp. Looks good but not a bite....
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

What game?

What game?

I'm curious too! I've been playing some Final Fantasy X recently. Trying to get through 1-10 (have 1 and 2 left after I finish 10) just 'cause.

I am playing through Arkham Knight again BUT as it was Halloween I had to break out Arkham City and go visit Calendar Man! The games all have date specific easter eggs, super fun. Spent so many hours this year on the Uncharted 4 multiplayer, too.
  • psychod787
    Options

What game?

What game?

I am playing through Arkham Knight again BUT as it was Halloween I had to break out Arkham City and go visit Calendar Man! The games all have date specific easter eggs, super fun. Spent so many hours this year on the Uncharted 4 multiplayer, too.

I might have to try this. Playing games while peddling.