Foods to fuel body pre workout

Options
hi all ,

im looking for advise on what i can eat to fuel my body before i hit my gym classes

lately i feel im really struggling with endurance i do les mills rpm and bodypump 4 times a week and feel i tire quite early on

im pescetarian and dont like bananas unfortunately ( heard they are great for a pre work out boost)

i also am trying to lose weight so im worried about increasing carbs ( was told i may not be getting enough)

any advice much appreciated

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how many carbs and calories are you currently getting?
  • jenniferozzy
    jenniferozzy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hi - Varies between 1000 - 1200
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    quick carbs - gummy bears, fruit juice are my typical if its within an hour of a workout
  • jenniferozzy
    Options
    5"7 and 11 stone ....yeah im not very good with all this and how many calories i should be having
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm not very good with stones. 154 lbs? How much do you want to lose?
  • jenniferozzy
    Options

Wow. I couldn't fuel any workout on that. What is your height/weight? I nearly 100% certain you need to be eating more calories. Do you eat back any exercise calories?
    cathipa wrote: »

You are struggling because you aren't eating enough. Both of those workouts are intense and would require you consume more than 1200 calories a day. Why are you consuming so little?

ETA: Carbs themselves don't cause weight gain. Excess calories cause weight gain.

yeah , i was worried eating more carbs would stop me from losing weight seems not !!! i will assess my carb intake thank you
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    your maintenance calories (maintain weight) for 5'7" and 154lbs (11stone) is just shy of 2000cal a day - https://tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&age=30&g=female&lbs=154&in=67&act=1.375&bf=&f=1

that includes light exercise - defined as 1-3 times a week
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Did a quick TDEE calculator. Based on your height, weight, current workouts (and I guessed your age at 35, my apologies if wrong), you should be eating approximately 2049 calories to lose 10% of your weight per week.

25lc0ef2id4v.jpg
  • jenniferozzy
    Options

yeah 154lbs i want to lose about 14lbs
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yes you should be eating 1500+ calories per day minimum. If you are working out like crazy then shoot for 1800+ calories. Make sure you are also getting at least 140g protein per day as well.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

yeah 154lbs i want to lose about 14lbs

set MFP to lose 0.5lbs, eat back your exercise cals
  • jenniferozzy
    Options
    thanks everyone , you have been very helpful :)
  • jenniferozzy
    Options
    Did a quick TDEE calculator. Based on your height, weight, current workouts (and I guessed your age at 35, my apologies if wrong), you should be eating approximately 2049 calories to lose 10% of your weight per week.

25lc0ef2id4v.jpg

im 38 but close hahah thank you for this
  • quiksylver296
    Options

25lc0ef2id4v.jpg

im 38 but close hahah thank you for this

At least I didn't guess too old! :p
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I don't do special "pre workout" meals - I just eat what I normally eat and hit the gym an hour to two hours later~