What’s your next tattoo?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I have been thinking about a collection of paw prints or horse prints for my past pets, then add to it over the years.

I have Nothing loved is ever lost across my left shoulder with paw prints off the end of it going up my neck. 7 for each of my former and current dogs.

The next two I have in mind are dogs, like all the others.

it's a good thing you've never owned a hippopotamus or a water buffalo.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I have been thinking about a collection of paw prints or horse prints for my past pets, then add to it over the years.

I have Nothing loved is ever lost across my left shoulder with paw prints off the end of it going up my neck. 7 for each of my former and current dogs.

In hindsight I should probably have had something that would outlive me like a parrot or a tortoise and obviate the whole memorial tattoo thing
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

In hindsight I should probably have had something that would outlive me like a parrot or a tortoise and obviate the whole memorial tattoo thing

thankfully you're not a chicken farmer,
  • explrr
    explrr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had this done recently (just want to show it off) to cover some discolouration from years of heat treatment on my back Bear in mind I am 63 and this is only my second tattoo. It was agony but yep I am already yearning for another one. Thinking of a watercolour wolf for my upper arm.

mgwk3acp4vhs.jpg

Looks amazing!!!
  • explrr
    Options
    Death before Decaf probably lol

Definitely a contender!
  • Dan2668
    Dan2668 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Star Wars
    Always

If you want someone different, consider Nien Nunb, sullustan dude from ROTJ who made a comeback in TFA. Of course, my heroes are not necessarily yours.
  • competeagain2x
    competeagain2x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Dan2668 wrote: »
    Star Wars
    Always

If you want someone different, consider Nien Nunb, sullustan dude from ROTJ who made a comeback in TFA. Of course, my heroes are not necessarily yours.

Well said. I’m more of a dark side guy. I will get yoda and chewy down the road but for now it’s dark side and bounty hunters.
  • danavelling
    danavelling Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I’m gonna have a long stem rose that goes down my spine...with two rose petals that have fallen off. One will have the date my grandfather passed away and the other the date my brother passed away
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    This was my first tattoo. The lyrics and everything in this is symbolic of Neko Case songs. Lyrics are "It's not for you to know, but for you to weep and wonder When the death of your civilization precedes you".

I've already decided that the second tattoo will branch off of this one out onto a shoulder and down one arm and will be a neon tiger for the song of the same name by The Killers as well as also still symbolizing a song from Neko Case called The Tigers Have Spoken.

"Run, neon tiger there's a lot on your mind
    They promised just to pet you, but don't you let 'em get you" - lyrics will run along the spine of the tiger's back.

rbljvjdjlll5.jpg
  • explrr
    Options
    This was my first tattoo. The lyrics and everything in this is symbolic of Neko Case songs. Lyrics are "It's not for you to know, but for you to weep and wonder When the death of your civilization precedes you".

I've already decided that the second tattoo will branch off of this one out onto a shoulder and down one arm and will be a neon tiger for the song of the same name by The Killers as well as also still symbolizing a song from Neko Case called The Tigers Have Spoken.

"Run, neon tiger there's a lot on your mind
    They promised just to pet you, but don't you let 'em get you" - lyrics will run along the spine of the tiger's back.

rbljvjdjlll5.jpg

Awesome ink! I love the lettering.

• glgcam5150
    glgcam5150 Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Thinking Of Going Gym Douche Retro
    And Get A Tribal Arm Band
    Or ..
    A Portrait Of Tom Selleck’s
    Magnum P.I On My Chest 🤔
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I might do a hummingbird or simple bird silhouette.
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    dragon
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    glgcam5150 wrote: »
    Thinking Of Going Gym Douche Retro
    And Get A Tribal Arm Band
    Or ..
    A Portrait Of Tom Selleck’s
    Magnum P.I On My Chest 🤔

Tom Selleck. Obviously.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

@ythannah This sounds amazing, will you share a pic?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    explrr wrote: »

I’m all about the dog tattoos!

52rf8gl6rvrj.jpeg

That is amazing you could almost reach out and pat it. <3

so true, it is very impressive!
  • orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get a phoenix because so much has changed for me and for the better, but I am waiting until I hit my first big goal weight, I'm about 9 pounds away!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I want something to represent a silly fantasy book series that really helped me through severe depression a couple years ago. I just need to find an artist to work with to help me figure out the design elements. I'm thinking a sign with some words, part of a dragon (maybe just tail or head or even a wing), a cat, and a tipped over wooden bucket.