Dark Cloud Of Doom Discussion

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    People would eat sugar, carbs, gluten, animals, grain, Pixie Stix, Twinkies and smoked pork rinds and they would like it. No more food fear or food demonization.

I would eat people, and thrive.

soylent green smoothies for the win.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Its possible if my immediate neighbors all banded together we would do ok. We have a whole herd of pet deer we could live off of for some time, and sooooo many squirrels. 2/5 have chickens, 3/5 garden, so as long as we had some seeds to get us started I think we could get some veggies in there too. Fruits would be lacking though, we may have to worry about some scurvy, but I did put in some berry bushes this year, so I'm working on that. I think we would have some serious personality issues, I am pretty sure most of the clan would want to shut in and keep our resources to ourselves, except for one couple, they seem like they would want to help others. But, the wife would definitely be a good asset because she is a good gardener, so it might not be smart to just kick her off the island....
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I would be completely dead.

Farming?

Gunplay?

Survival Skills?

Heck, I don't even know how to use a Phillips head screwdriver.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    So, would you eat your pet?
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options

Hamsters, ferrets, fish, lizards most definitely. Unless lizard meat is hazardous, I don't know the ins and outs of that.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

my lifeless cadaver.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options

Hamsters, ferrets, fish, lizards most definitely. Unless lizard meat is hazardous, I don't know the ins and outs of that.

I have hears snake and crocodile is pretty good so it's probably decent
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

My birdies have no meat on them so no.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I think I'd have a big reality check.
    Honestly, I think I'd do poorly.

I'm a super picky vegetarian. After all the store rations were gone, assuming I could secure any, I guess I'd be eating grass and hopefully non toxic plants. Eating grass and plants would be a full time job, herbivores in nature basically eat all day long. Plus I'm in Canada, so I guess I'd have to head south for the winter.

I have little to trade, I don't have many possessions, what I did have I suppose I'd have to bring with me for my winter trek.

For real tho, I really can't imagine the levels people may go to in that situation. We are so used to convenience.

Farmers would become the wealthiest. Rich soil farmland would become the most expensive real estate.
    ...or would they? Is there a problem with the environment that is causing this famine?

Humans can't digest grass
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    kinda wonder who among us would be the first to just go full Negan and start taking everybody else's stuff in order to survive
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

I'm a super picky vegetarian. After all the store rations were gone, assuming I could secure any, I guess I'd be eating grass and hopefully non toxic plants. Eating grass and plants would be a full time job, herbivores in nature basically eat all day long. Plus I'm in Canada, so I guess I'd have to head south for the winter.

I have little to trade, I don't have many possessions, what I did have I suppose I'd have to bring with me for my winter trek.

For real tho, I really can't imagine the levels people may go to in that situation. We are so used to convenience.

Farmers would become the wealthiest. Rich soil farmland would become the most expensive real estate.
    ...or would they? Is there a problem with the environment that is causing this famine?

I'd be seriously screwed then!
    ...wonder what it would take for me to start eating squirrels and bugs?
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    kinda wonder who among us would be the first to just go full Negan and start taking everybody else's stuff in order to survive

Who among us in mfp chit chat?
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    After I trimmed down to a chic size 6 after an extended fast, I would do anything iMago told me to do. If he was the one with the food and would allow me to eat some of it. Or if he'd at least protect me from Bojack when he was hungry.
  • iMago
    Options

yeah- like lets say we all banded together to survive in the face of nation/world wide famine (or some other kind of post apocalyptic event); i wonder who'd end up subjugating the rest of the group at the first chance.

i kinda think @slimgirljo15 might actually be the first Negan of MFP. she already lives in a place where they have like flying bat/fox monstrosities and such and she's survived so far.
  • iMago
    Options
    After I trimmed down to a chic size 6 after an extended fast, I would do anything iMago told me to do. If he was the one with the food and would allow me to eat some of it. Or if he'd at least protect me from Bojack when he was hungry.

lol i'd never be a leader in this sort of scenario.
    i'm more like, the guy who gets bit by zombies and doesn't tell the rest of the group.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

The ones with the most firepower...I'm good. And no, my dogs are off limits.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options

I'd be seriously screwed then!
    ...wonder what it would take for me to start eating squirrels and bugs?

I'm a vegetarian, too and I've thought about this subject a few times here and there... I think there would have to be a pretty serious lack of consumable plants for me to start eating animals again. In that case, it would be an "extreme survival" type situation and not our comfortable modern society in which we're able to easily find and subsist off of a plant based diet. I think in that case I would have to value my own life and survival above theirs. I wouldn't love it, but if it kept me alive then "it is what it is".
  • iMago
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

The ones with the most firepower...I'm good. And no, my dogs are off limits.

i think i'd just move into the woods and catch squirrels.
    maybe eventually i'd devolve into a hobo cannibal when the squirrels ran out but i feel like i could hold off on that for a few weeks maybe.
  • Vikka_V
    Options

yeah- like lets say we all banded together to survive in the face of nation/world wide famine (or some other kind of post apocalyptic event); i wonder who'd end up subjugating the rest of the group at the first chance.

i kinda think @slimgirljo15 might actually be the first Negan of MFP. she already lives in a place where they have like flying bat/fox monstrosities and such and she's survived so far.

She's a good candidate. I think she'd be able to make us want to follow her and wouldn't have to force (many) people. She'd make you feel confident in the situation.
    For those who didn't follow her willingly, she'd be able to scare you into it with tales of survival from all the deadly creatures and harsh landscapes she's likely familiar with.
    She wouldn't have to wield a barbed wire bat.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Now You Tell Me !

..... no wonder my septic tank is on Devcon 3