Who Is Afraid Of The Scale

Options
Just wondering because i see a lot of posts about folks who dread weighing themselves.

I jump on my scale multiple times per day.

when i get up
after i go to the bathroom
before i eat
after i eat
before i work out
after i work out
before i go to bed

It teaches me how my weight is affected by my day.

Nothing to be afraid of really.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is power.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Using an app like Libra or Happyscale help to see the big (and hopefully shrinking) picture.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I weigh 6-7 days a week. I keep 2 trends. One for work days, I get up at 0430. The other for days off. I get up at 0630. It's amazing that 2 hrs can mean 2-3 lbs of difference!

My lowest weigh in day is usually Saturday. My 'official' day (the one I record on MFP) is Friday. It can be annoying :lol:

I love my trending app though and record my weight there every day.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself sporadically, sometimes once a month, sometimes every few months.

I'm at a point where the number isn't really important as it pertains to my goals. I wouldn't say I'm completely indifferent to it (and I used to have a poor emotional relationship with the scale at one point in my life) but rather it doesn't provide me information of much use at any given point.

I know my weight is going to bounce around like a space hopper on speed during the course of a week or a month for various reasons - I don't need to step on a scale to confirm that.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I weigh 6-7 days a week. I keep 2 trends. One for work days, I get up at 0430. The other for days off. I get up at 0630. It's amazing that 2 hrs can mean 2-3 lbs of difference!

So true I have found the same thing. I log the higher weight because I'm up at 430 most days except on Sunday when I sleep in. I never thought about keeping 2 trends
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I’m now weighing every few days, is it just me or do you just “know” when you have lost?i do 🤪
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of the scale, but I don't always look forward to it.

I know at certain times of the month or after eating out that I will see an increase and I don't like it at all - but it's just a data point amongst many, and all information is useful.

I just do once a day - in the morning before I shower (long, wet hair is heavy!). Occasionally I hop on the scale at other times of the day but don't record it as I feel that brings too many variables into it (how much I've eaten/drunk that day, or which clothes I am wearing)
  • mghauer
    mghauer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to be afraid of scales, I would only weigh myself at the doctor office. I would be nervous for days before my appointment because of the scale. It took me two months of living at my place to have the courage to weigh myself. The first time recording weight for my weekly weigh in on the app, I was anxious and could not focus on anything but the scale that had pending doom.

Since I started losing weight, I felt better weighing myself. There were times when I would lose a significant amount of weight that I could not believe it, so I would weigh myself again and again.

Now that I am at maintain weight, I still weigh myself daily because it is my way to keep myself personally in check with a healthier life.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I’m now weighing every few days, is it just me or do you just “know” when you have lost?i do 🤪

It's got so I can usually tell before I get out of bed, lying on my back I can tell a lot by the feel of my hipbones.