Halloween Candy!

Options
2»

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I've been known to toss it in the garbage...as a last resort if I find myself unable to resist.
  • Sunrain2018
    Sunrain2018 Posts: 24 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Usually I donate the rest of my candy to a local organization. In my own experience this is the best solution for myself otherwise I will binge on the candy and end up with a sore stomach.
  • Jessiemcmickle
    Jessiemcmickle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am so struggling with the Halloween Candy. I got a lot to pass out for trick or treat because I live right beside the hospital and I figured that I would get a lot of foot traffic...but I was wrong and now I have all this delicious candy! I tell myself I am not going to eat it, but then I'm binging. Once I get to the point where I know I have blown everything, I get so defeated and say "piss on it" and just eat more. I hate it and myself for doing it! then I come to work and think I am safe because I managed to walk out of my house with only 1 Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cup in my pocket and everyone has candy bowls on their desk!! So now I have had about 6 things of candy today :(
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I am a candy fanatic! skittles, sour patch, now and laters, banana laffy taffy, spice drops I love them and would rather eat that than food! As i have been maintenance for about 6 months, I put the candy in the car. So, if i vreally want it I have to go get it! I never keep it in the house!!!
  • Wellness_Whit
    Wellness_Whit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, but I sure as heck know the temptation to dig into the ENTIRE Halloween bucket. We thankfully were able to send the rest to my husband's work for his coworkers to devour. I would say if you want to treat yourself within moderation pre-portion little bags of a few pieces for each day that fit within your caloric budget and tell yourself you get THIS amount each day and try your best to stick to it. I also like the out of sight out of mind approach. If something is hidden, I tend to move on and forget about it. I had to do this with a bag of mini powdered donuts at work today. Told my coworkers to go and hide them so I didn't dig into them! So far it's worked! :)
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    It's your kids candy not yours. Keep your hands off it.
    Sorry. That's all I could think of
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have to log it as soon as I eat it or I will eat way too much. Logging it puts it right there in black and white. Those little suckers add up fast. I am keeping my candy stash on the dining room table because we have that room gated off to keep the dog out. that means I can't just grab it as I pass by, it has to be a deliberate trip to get it. I have been taking 2 pieces to work with me each day, which is fine. It's when I get home that the trouble can get real.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your meals for the day and see what's left calorie wise. You may have the extra 100+ calories to use on a couple of fun-sized chocolate bars. If not, see where you can sacrifice elsewhere so you can have your treat :)
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Reality is, I know that it's no good for the kids either, and I can't wait to get it out of the house. But I don't want to deprive them completely and give them food phobias. So we do a big candy sort the morning after. They each have a container to fill with their favorites. Everything else goes into baggies and out of the house. I took a huge bag of PB cups and Wunderbars over to the fire station, because they are my personal temptation - I've seen how those guys work out, and I know they can handle it! ;)

When the kids were little I would keep it in the kitchen and dole it out, but then *I* would end up eating it. So now, they keep their containers out of my sight so I don't think about it. I don't regulate it - when it's gone, it's gone.