What's your 10k goal time?

Options
2»

Replies

• thebiggreenmachine
    thebiggreenmachine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    34:21 (5:31 pace), Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta in 1998. Hoping to break that next year.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I've never run a 10K, but if given a decently flat course I would aim for 43:00.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Another slowbie here. I've been running FOREVER and never beaten 1:10, which I'm hoping to match next month on a super-hilly cross-country course.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are speedy! My best so far has been 79 minutes. Getting to 60 would be freaking spectacular!!!

Yup, this is about my pace too, I'm glad to see there are a few of us here.
    I haven't timed a 10k run but based on my 12k practice pace it would come in around 78 mins.
    My first race (12k) is next weekend so then I'll have an official time to beat :smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for under 60 minutes. If I can keep up the pace I did a 5-miler in May, I should be around 50 minutes, which would make me do a happy dance!
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My first 10K 2 yrs ago was 1:17, now my PR is 56:35 and i keep pushing myself to go faster at my next race.

10K's are my favorite runs to do!

Good luck!!
  • Debs1971
    Debs1971 Posts: 41
    Options
    I was a complete non-runner at the start of this year, and a friend challenged me to be able to run 10k in 10 weeks time, i did train and completed it in 1 hour 11 mins.. chuffed to pieces that i actually finished! Today without training much at all (doing lots of zumba, kettlebells etc but not running) i completed an exceptionally hilly 10k in 1 hour 12! (slower but as i was a much more demanding course im very pleased!)

still very slow compared to most of you guys.. but working on it .... Got a 10 miles to run in October, will definately train for that!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    34:21 (5:31 pace)

Holy moly! That's amazingly quick - takes me nearly that long to do 5k!!! How on earth do you get to those sorts of speeds?
  • gibbonm
    gibbonm Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My best in training is just over 43 minutes, (7.1min/ml)
    i have never ran before, and have only been running for 10 weeks, so i am really pleased with my time

I do my first 10k race on Sunday, so hopefully i will get in or around that figure.:happy:
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My PR is 56:41, would like to do a sub 54
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    34:21 (5:31 pace)

Holy moly! That's amazingly quick - takes me nearly that long to do 5k!!! How on earth do you get to those sorts of speeds?

Exactly - thats about my best 5k time, slow and steady - thats me:laugh:
  • emadera
    emadera Posts: 3
    Options
    I completed my first 10k at 52:30; am I am looking forward to running another one and beating my personal record. I'm impressed with many of the posts here; not just the time but the effort everyone is putting in. Great job!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My current best is 1:02. I aiming for 1:00 short term.