Anyone suffered with blood clot in the head? (Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis / cvst )

Options
Diagnosed 6 weeks ago. Currently housebound and still really I'll. Putting on weight and feeling generally crap. Mostly very lonely and not many people seem to have suffered the same. anybody had this? How soon until you felt back to normal? Unable to do my normal activities still and going out of my mind. Just want to get back to doing everything but understand I need to be careful. Would be good to speak to others who have some experience. Thankyou.

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    No experience with this, but sorry to hear what you're going through.

You said you're very lonely, which is understandable. I hope you're reaching out to friends, family, neighbors, etc.

Feel better! :)
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    *hug* that sounds really rough I’m sorry. I had a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in lung) last year & I’ve had a concussion since September. I don’t know what yours is like, but I do know blood clots are scary & head stuff is deeply frustrating to deal with.

Are there any new hobbies you would want to try? I don’t know what you’re allowed/encouraged to do, but with my concussion crafts were okay & light exercise was encouraged.
  • kylekamradt1
    kylekamradt1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    According to what I've read, a blood clot in the head is called a stroke. Yeah it's derailed my life a bit. I'm not sure but I think there might be some lingering after affects. I have another MRI scheduled and follow-ups with the hematologist and neurologist.