Protein Powder Help for a Newbie

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm needing to loose 4-7kg and tone up. I work out at the gym and do bootcamp 5 days a week and never hit my target on MFP for protein. I know protein is important so I thought I will start using the powers. I have this in vanilla https://www.supplements.co.nz/collections/usn/products/usn-bluelab-100-whey-protein-4-5lb in the cupboard from a few years ago (probably expired but I'm sure it will still be fine). The problem is I hate the taste of it. Is it okay to mix it with stuff? Eg in a smoothie, with yogurt to help disguise the taste? Also, when in the day should I be having it? I usually go to the gym in my lunch break, apart from 1 day I have bootcamp before work, and 1 day I have bootcamp after work. Thank you to any replies, I really have no idea about this sort of thing!

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    did you already determine what your daily protein goals need to be?
    if so, did you already try and discover that you cannot consume enough protein from regular food?
  • bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you can do whatever you want with it. My protein shake consists of the powder, spinach, chard, fresh ginger, coconut milk, peptides and ice. Sometimes I mix the powder with cottage cheese and yogurt, or with my coffee.

Getting enough protein is fairly hard. Can't really get enough from veggies. However, eating enough chicken or beef will help get that number up.