Do you have a trail name?

2»

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    i just got done reading Becoming Odessa a month or so ago about a young woman who hiked the appalachian trail - and talked about how she picked her name - i believe it had something to do with greek mythology and odyssey
  • Racouol
    Racouol Posts: 53 Member
    I do have a trail name that I used while hiking the AT in 2009, however it was one I gave to myself. Still, the name was accepted by the hiker community as was the reasoning behind the name, thus I was simply known as "Glowworm". There was an attempt to change my name to "S#!t Break" in Tennessee.
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    I don't have one as I'm not a hiker but if I did end up with one to describe me I'm sure it would be Slow Poke. 😂
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    I've been hiking about 6-7 years now, and never even heard of a "trail name"... but I think most people just think of me as "that ol' beotch with the pit bulls". ;)
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Googling for wisdom about trail names, I found this and its amusing disclaimer:
    "The Trail Name Generator was created in jest. Please send angry comments to getalife@nobutreally.net."
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Man I suck. I think we should all give each other trail names.
    Since I'm completely unqualified, I'll start:
    (Note: Take 'em or leave 'em. They're worth what you paid for 'em.)

@debrakgoogins Based on state of residence and air of cheerful rising to opportunity, I'm going with "Maine Chance."

@NorthCascades Based on apparent love of rocky precipices and the noise made by the Billy Goats Gruff while crossing stone bridges: "Tripp Trapp."

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    @Evelyn_Gorfram Sashimi.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    edited November 2018
    LO-*kittening*-L! :D:D:D
    I'll take it.

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    :smile:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    nope, i don't know that it's a thing here though i've heard of it for the big trails