Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

No intimidation "gyms"

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    This post made me laugh. I just joined a really cheap gym that has mostly cardio equipment. I only need the treadmill because mine is broken and it's dark in the morning so I don't want to walk alone (my dog was my walking partner and she passed last month). So people actually do have legit reasons for joining these types of gyms that have nothing to do with judgment (not that I would actually care if someone was judging me, that's their issue, not mine).

I suspect I will drop the gym if I get another dog or someone buys me a treadmill for Christmas.

Sometimes my dog is the only thing that gets me out of the house and moving. Yay for dogs. :)

u0yohyue7ioy.png

And they don't - shock, horror - force you to eat pizza!

They do make me drink sometimes.....
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    After perusing this thread I just remembered the first Friday of the month is free pizza day at my Planet Fitness. And it's good pizza with plenty of pork toppings.

So I'm going there now for as many slices as they'll give me and I'll eat them at the small glass tables right by the front door, in front of the employees and everyone walking by. With a bottle of full sugar Pepsi from the Planet Fitness fridge. And it will be okay.

Then I'll sashay to the ladies' locker room to take a few selfies. After that, to the vibrating hydromassage beds. Then I'll leave without exercising at all and no one will so much as look askance at me and my rubenesque frame.

OP, I'm so glad you and your ilk won't be there.

Thought you couldn't use your phone at PF?
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    After perusing this thread I just remembered the first Friday of the month is free pizza day at my Planet Fitness. And it's good pizza with plenty of pork toppings.

So I'm going there now for as many slices as they'll give me and I'll eat them at the small glass tables right by the front door, in front of the employees and everyone walking by. With a bottle of full sugar Pepsi from the Planet Fitness fridge. And it will be okay.

Then I'll sashay to the ladies' locker room to take a few selfies. After that, to the vibrating hydromassage beds. Then I'll leave without exercising at all and no one will so much as look askance at me and my rubenesque frame.

OP, I'm so glad you and your ilk won't be there.

Thought you couldn't use your phone at PF?

Only in the locker room when no one else is in there. Technically you're not supposed to.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    This thread is delivering.
    Pizza

Still waiting for mine dammit