Anyone else here a picky eater?

Options
2»

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    There are a few foods I cannot stand, But fact is that makes up less than 1% of foods I have run across. The other 99% I am willing to try and of that about 80% that I really like. And some that are my constant go to always on the grocery list like black olives yum.

My top two that absolutely make my stomach turn cornbeef in any form and same with green beans.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Not me, except for the vegetarian aspect which is more lifestyle than pickiness, but my sister's best friend growing had very interesting eating habits that are similar to the OP's. She happened to be the younger sister of one of MY best friends, so there were many instances in which we all ate together. She didn't seem to have a problem eating at restaurants, but she often only ate bowtie pasta with no sauce-- just butter and salt, Ritz crackers, and cookie crisp cereal. She would bring her own food whenever she came over to spend the night. After she graduated high school she studied abroad in Spain and seemed to grow out of it.

To piggyback on the subject of food allergies/intolerances and digestive disorders, my brother in law can't eat dairy or gluten or he will literally bleed from you-know-where, and my mom finally just learned/accepted the fact that dairy is the cause of her lifelong digestive distress. Unfortunately for her, dairy was a large part of her diet before this so she not only always had an upset stomach, but now she has to find alternatives for most of her favorite foods. I also work with someone who has gastroparesis and has to eat (drink) a mostly liquid diet, someone with nut allergies, and someone allergic to apples, so our office is a very allergy-friendly place when it comes to holidays and birthday parties.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I cannot do olives. At all. And don't ask me to pick them out of my food or eat around them

My niece likes to wear olives on the tips of her fingers......i dont care if people think thats gross, she is cute.

Remeber bugles?

fbkwd6zy687e.png

I didn't......and now i feel cheated!

😆😅😂😆😅😂 No time like the present 😉 ... Additionally, your niece will think you're cooler than she already thought you were. It's The Claw!!

Dont think im getting those on my adult fingers :(
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I cannot do olives. At all. And don't ask me to pick them out of my food or eat around them

My niece likes to wear olives on the tips of her fingers......i dont care if people think thats gross, she is cute.

Remeber bugles?

fbkwd6zy687e.png

I didn't......and now i feel cheated!

😆😅😂😆😅😂 No time like the present 😉 ... Additionally, your niece will think you're cooler than she already thought you were. It's The Claw!!

Dont think im getting those on my adult fingers :(

Oooch! That's right.

You might have to opt for doughnuts. 😕 On your fingers, those are the only things that would fit. Or pineapples. Dried shrinks, so that will not work, too snug.
  • danavelling
    danavelling Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it has to be dead
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I can be super picky, but in a hypocritical way.
    Like the thought of certain foods grosses me out and I try to avoid them, but at the same time I want them, and sometimes do eat them.
    I tend to eat the same things day in and out untill I move on to the next thing that I will eat routinely for a while.

I feel deprived if I don't eat potatoes in some form daily
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I can be super picky, but in a hypocritical way.
    Like the thought of certain foods grosses me out and I try to avoid them, but at the same time I want them, and sometimes do eat them.
    I tend to eat the same things day in and out untill I move on to the next thing that I will eat routinely for a while.

I feel deprived if I don't eat potatoes in some form daily

Yaaaaaaaaas potatoes 🥔🍠❤️

I do the same thing with going through cycles or "phases" of eating certain foods. I enjoy routines and a certain amount of predictability with my meals and eating habits, but also try to include some variety here and there.
  • emmaMaureen19
    emmaMaureen19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I try new foods when I can, but if the smell makes me gag then I know I won’t like it. I eat really bland foods: such as grilled cheese, plain pasta, macaroni, etc. I hate that I am like this, but I really can’t help it. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    I'm a pickle eater. What's a picky? A booger? Who's going to admit to that?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm a recovering picky eater.
    i started using one ingredient i didn't like in my cooking. it helped.
    not huge on tomatoes-though i've learned to like tomato soup i make,
    mushrooms-nope
    onion-cooked to oblivion
    shellfish-blech
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Yes. Definitely a picky eater. However, I met people pickier than me, so I don't feel so bad. hahaha
  • kayleetimmons22
    kayleetimmons22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile: