Breakfast

Options
Today I ate 3 strips of turkey bacon, 5 eggs (I know, too much) with a cup of spinach and a dash of mrs. dash salt-free seasoning. Came out to about 418 calories and 814mg of sodium. The sodium is quite high and I plan to modify the portions next time as eating this made me fill stuffed which I want to try to avoid.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Eat less?

Unless this is something you're eating every day and you've a medical reason to be limiting sodium (also note many of the sodium entries in MFP are incorrect as they are user entered and many users log salt rather than sodium content) then there isn't really any reason to worry about the content of one meal, you'll probably see your weight spike in the next couple of days because of the higher sodium content but it's water not fat - so no biggie
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I agree with @tinkerbellang83. Also, what kind of suggestions are you looking for? It sounds like you know you want to reduce the sodium and portions, which it also sounds like you know how to do, so what kind of help would you like?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    I don't think the sodium is too high, nor the calories...I don't think I'd eat five eggs, that's a big calorie hit and a lot of protein for one meal. I tend to have one or two eggs with vegetables and a starch like toast or potato.

It's up to you how you allocate your nutrients, I just tend to spread out my protein to avoid that too-stuffed issue. If you're getting a good balance over the course of the day, that's really what matters.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    bbpa39vcdhi4.jpeg

Today I am eating: 2 vegan sausage links, 1/2 cup of egg whites and a sweet orange pepper , which will be followed by some 2% yogurt with fruit.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    are you looking for ways to reduce the calories...simple things - instead of 5 eggs, i use liquid egg whites - so like 1-2 normal eggs and then bulk up with egg whites;