Alone at this

Options
Well I'm back for what feels like the hundredth time. I started this journey in Sep 2014 at 212 lbs. I have pcos and prediabetes. I have no support at all to do this . I'm all alone on doing this. I have 2 kids ages 7 and 11 . I homeschool both of them. I'm 5"2. I'm living in a RV right now while my husband and I rebuild our home. With that being said I don't have much space to excercie but I do my best. I found a app that this links to help make money for being healthy if anyone is interested. In looking for support and friends along the way.

Replies

• youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you don't have any support at home, but you came to the right place for it. As far as I know PCOS can make it harder for you to lose weight in general, but it's still possible. As for exercise, I'm sure you've got your hands full with your kids, but is there anything you can do to include them? Are there any parks nearby that you can walk to with them, and workout or walk laps while they play? They may even be interested in participating in whatever you're doing if you can manage to make a game of it. Generally, you don't HAVE to exercise for weight loss, you just have to eat in a deficit, but exercise can help you burn more calories and I've heard that it can help manage some of the symptoms of PCOS.

Are you under the care of a doctor for your condition? They may be able to help you get started or give you additional information.
  • CHRISSYWEBB3262015
    Options
    Yea i am under Dr care for both. I try to get kids to do some things with me . when im on my yoga mat they thing im a jungle gym and climb on me .
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Yea i am under Dr care for both. I try to get kids to do some things with me . when im on my yoga mat they thing im a jungle gym and climb on me .

haha. Well that just makes you work harder! More calories burned.

Ya know all of this is just about watching food intake. I did it all alone, no family at all. It was difficult and educational for me. I learned so much about nutrition and now I take long walks in Nature every day. Not only does that help me maintain my weight but it restores my soul to be outdoors.

I started by logging food. I still log food many years later, I think it's my best tool in this.

Welcome back. You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • jls1788
    jls1788 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m 5’2” also and have about 20 more lbs to lose, have already lost about 20. It helps me to make friends on here and check their food diaries for new ideas. And workout ideas. Just knowing I’m not alone helps me. You should change your settings so you can accept friend requests. Good luck! We can do hard things!