Coffee stand lovers please unite here ☕☕☕

Options
I used to LOVE getting a 20 oz iced khalua and cream with 3 shots everyday before work...little did I know it was a huge factor in my weight gain for a year.
Now I mostly drink kuerig coffee with some caramel machiato creamer making it around 100 calories.
I feel as tho i can't live without it on a daily basis 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Its worth the extra calories ( cuz i mostly drink water other than coffee)
Does anyone else love coffee ? If so what used to be your or still is your drink of choice? And is there any healthy alternatives ?

Replies

• laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love coffee but I have no idea what the khalua thing is hahaha
    And do you put cream in it?? Like actual cream? :o
    I drink my coffee black, with a tsp of honey. Sometimes, if I feel like treating myself, I'll have a cappuccino with oat milk.
    In summer, I fill an ice cube tray with espresso, so I'm always ready for when I crave an iced coffee. It's perfect with almond milk.
    Coffee is more a necessity rather than an indulgence.
    For a healthy alternative I'd definitely suggest avoiding the cream!
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Here! I hated coffee until I had a bf who made it a morning ritual to go to the coffee shop. He'd get an Americano and I'd get a mocha. Even though the mocha was 3 times the cost, it was the only way I could stomach it. When I decided to watch my intake, I switched to plain lattes. I still get lattes, usually 16 oz., with whatever milk the barista prefers. The "skinny" lattes don't save enough calories to make the drop in taste worth it. Most of the time these days my lattes are made by my "live-at-home-barista" a.k.a. bf, but when we go on trips we treat each other to coffee-stand coffee, and trying new coffee stands is a key part of vacations.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Total coffee addict
    ☕️ dark brew with just a splash of cream... all day long
  • Opalprincess99
    Opalprincess99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    laurabini wrote: »
    I love coffee but I have no idea what the khalua thing is hahaha
    And do you put cream in it?? Like actual cream? :o
    I drink my coffee black, with a tsp of honey. Sometimes, if I feel like treating myself, I'll have a cappuccino with oat milk.
    In summer, I fill an ice cube tray with espresso, so I'm always ready for when I crave an iced coffee. It's perfect with almond milk.
    Coffee is more a necessity rather than an indulgence.
    For a healthy alternative I'd definitely suggest avoiding the cream!

Oooooo the cappuccino sounds good....i treat myself to iced sugar free white chocolate mocha Americano no cream to be healthier now occasionally if i feel i deserve it or im gonna work out hard :)
    And yeah the creamer is hard to avoid haha xD somehow i seem to easilly meet my caloric deficit tho xD hahah
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    dulcitonia wrote: »
    Total coffee addict

Dark brews are my fav ..i usually get green mountain dark roast kureig pods :) but more than a splash of cream for me xD haha i wish i was more like u
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    Here! I hated coffee until I had a bf who made it a morning ritual to go to the coffee shop. He'd get an Americano and I'd get a mocha. Even though the mocha was 3 times the cost, it was the only way I could stomach it. When I decided to watch my intake, I switched to plain lattes. I still get lattes, usually 16 oz., with whatever milk the barista prefers. The "skinny" lattes don't save enough calories to make the drop in taste worth it. Most of the time these days my lattes are made by my "live-at-home-barista" a.k.a. bf, but when we go on trips we treat each other to coffee-stand coffee, and trying new coffee stands is a key part of vacations.
    Omg your bf sounds amazing!
    I would be gaining so much weight with lattes at home :(
    I wanna get an at home expresso machine tho...
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I love getting a cappuccino and don't have a machine at home. During the holiday season it's tempting to get some of the more crazy drinks like a salted caramel mocha.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I can drink a good quality coffee black but I do prefer it with a tbsp of half and half. I also prefer dark roast.
  • AnnyisOK
    AnnyisOK Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black, dark roast, extra shots.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    dulcitonia wrote: »
    Total coffee addict

This is me. A nice, rich dark roast with a small amount of real half and half.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I deliberately set my calorie goal 70-100 calories low to allow for a daily unlogged coffee.

What I get depends on which cafe and which mood I’m in, but the rule is that it can’t have more calories than a small/tall regular cappuccino. Usually that’s exactly what I get; sometimes I have skimmed milk and sugar free syrup, sometimes I get it with coconut milk.

But I have a coffee every day, because coffee is life.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,984 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE getting a 20 oz iced khalua and cream with 3 shots everyday before work...little did I know it was a huge factor in my weight gain for a year.
    Now I mostly drink kuerig coffee with some caramel machiato creamer making it around 100 calories.
    I feel as tho i can't live without it on a daily basis 🙄🙄🙄🙄
    Its worth the extra calories ( cuz i mostly drink water other than coffee)
    Does anyone else love coffee ? If so what used to be your or still is your drink of choice? And is there any healthy alternatives ?

Kahlua, as in the coffee flavored liqueur? I have found that not consuming alcohol before or doing work cuts out a ton of calories.

My coffee drinks of choice are unsweetened black coffee, unsweetened black Americanos (espresso + water), unsweetened nonfat lattes, unsweetened nonfat cappuccinos ... You get the idea.

Since I find sweet coffee abhorrent, it's not hard. I did used to prefer coffee with half and half (that's between white milk and light cream in fat content for those outside the U.S.), but that was as much about cooling it down so I wouldn't burn my tongue as about taste. Now I'm just patient, and I prefer it black. More pure coffee taste.
  • karabobera
    karabobera Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes absolutely???! I literally budgeted my calories around the fact that I just... really freaking love coffee. I only get a 'fancy' (espresso drink) coffee once a week, and try to alternate between plain half and half or a splash of the stuff that's, you know, terrible for you but,,, so good. If anyone has creamer alternatives that would be interesting, too!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    I love coffee but I take black with sweetners. I like various blends and use cafetiere hot mug for them.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have discovered the best tasting coffee that will only have the calories of the milk you choose... There called skinny syrups (there pretty much the same ones that starbucks use like the sugar free vanilla) and they have a line from donut flavor to caramel macchiato. They are amazing and i have a bunch of them... they are zero calories... two pumps of that plus whatever milk u use (i use almond milk so its like 35 calories and booom great coffee..
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Proud coffee snob over here! I refuse to give up coffee, I must have my morning cup. That being said, I have cut back on *some* stuff. Like before this weight loss, I used to drink Starbucks lattes every single morning. Not anymore! Now I get the big box of Starbucks K cups (recently got the holiday blend and love it!) It's funny but I can't do the lattes anymore- too sweet and gives me brain fog and a headache!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. If it's good enough, I just take it black. My husband bought some Kona coffee while we were in Hawaii and it's amazing, doesn't need anything added to it! It's expensive though so we don't have it often. With our cheaper coffee I just add a splash of creamer so it's only costing me 30 calories.
  • Wiedzma_Agata
    Wiedzma_Agata Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah!
    I think I used to drink all the possible variations... White with sugar, black with sugar, white no sugar and now I just drink pure black.
    I have switched to pure black coffee about a months ago, just out of curiosity. About a week ago I have tried with a splash of milk but I didn't like it anymore...
    Pure black like my soul...😉
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I use sugar free creamer. I don't like to spend $ or drink high calorie coffees at starbucks but I do get their iced coffee with sugar free creamer & the soy milk adds more flavor to it
  • gzgoodson
    gzgoodson Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I love coffee. Coffee has zero cal. I use vanilla protein powder. Its sweetens it up. No milk/creamers or sugars. I havent tried it with any other protein flavors yet. Hope this helps! 😁