MFP vs WW

Options
I have been doing Weight Watchers, and it works really well. However I am considering MFP since it is free. I am scared I might not lose weight as well though. I only have about 10 to 20 to lose. Has anyone successfully switched from WW to MFP and still lost weight?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Look in the groups section here - there are several for WW users and former WW users........

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/107250-weight-watchers-support-group
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    They’re two different, but overlapping, toolsets to aide people in achieving the one change they need to make in order to lose weight. Which is consume fewer calories than your body needs. I have lost weight using both. Some people find success using MFP when they haven’t been successful with WW. Some people find success using WW when they haven’t been successful with MFP.

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    What you can do is "double track" for a while. That's what I did, entering my data via WW (which was using smart points when I was a member 5 years ago) and calories via MFP. After a month of this (and having been using WW for 7 months) I dropped my membership and concentrated on calories in/out data. While on WW I lost about 25 # and using MFP I lost another 25. One thing I found particularly helpful with MFP was that I was able to track nutrients (macro and micro) and improve my nutrition to be able to get more out of my weight training. If you are attending meetings thru WW and find them helpful, you might want to stick with WW. I was an "on line" WW member and have found that the MFP community is equally helpful.
  • Sumg_83
    Sumg_83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am only doing WW online.