That’s NOT actually a dealbreaker

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    What's up with garbage disposals anyway? You just chop it up and flush it into the sewer? I think I've only ever seen one before. Why don't you put food waste into a green bin for compost?

I did stay at this fancy house once tho that had a "vent?" in the kitchen on the floor to sweep stuff into

That's a great idea... Then we can just wiz in the compost lol...

It's organic right?
    ...why am I even going here?!

Ok so, if you compost then what is the garbage disposal for? Do you have green bin pickup with your garbage pick up there? If so I'm confused on the reason for a garbage disposal in a sink.

If you eat an organic diet I suppose your wiz is organic...

Just don't use it to fertilize your own crops...

I thought of you today... And almost folded all my laundry... Almost lol

But I have to work tonight, so I slept instead 🤷🏽‍♂️, gemini...

But @Vikka_V I failed to answer your question, honestly... I'm not sure now really lol...

But I hate soggy food scrapes, nothing grosser, so if someone puts their dishes in the sink without clearing their plate (deal breaker) it's easier to wash the scrapes down the drain wo clogs...

Ultimately when they reach the plant their transformed into sludge which inevitably is turned into fertilizer livestock anyway 🤷🏽‍♂️

Do you have green bins for organic waste that you put out with garbage and recycling removal as well? Guess that is what I was wondering. Or if you just flush composting all down the drain
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    If our signs are not compatible

Agreed although Sagitarrius and Gemini are really pushing it. Blegh.

What isn't pushing it with a sagittarius 🙄😂...

Jk, the gemini in me 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

While they can both be charming, I have dated enough of them to know that we are likely not compatible and they will irk me to no end. Lol.

Liiiikee.... Would it drive you nuts if I had piles of clean clothes on the side of the bed and never knew where we were going for dinner (ie: Capers hot dogs or the Blue Agave club) until we got there? Lol

No. I can deal with a lot of little things if the major things are ok. Clothes piles can be moved and folded tomorrow.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Wooden leg
    Separatist feminism
    Dragon breath
    Weekday drinkers
    Lance Bass obsession
    Dingbats
  • glgcam5150
    glgcam5150 Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    If She’s A Bit Chubby
    Or Stretch Marks
    Don’t Faze Me
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    What's up with garbage disposals anyway? You just chop it up and flush it into the sewer? I think I've only ever seen one before. Why don't you put food waste into a green bin for compost?

I did stay at this fancy house once tho that had a "vent?" in the kitchen on the floor to sweep stuff into

It's organic right?

Ok so, if you compost then what is the garbage disposal for? Do you have green bin pickup with your garbage pick up there? If so I'm confused on the reason for a garbage disposal in a sink.

But @Vikka_V I failed to answer your question, honestly... I'm not sure now really lol...

But I hate soggy food scrapes, nothing grosser, so if someone puts their dishes in the sink without clearing their plate (deal breaker) it's easier to wash the scrapes down the drain wo clogs...

Ultimately when they reach the plant their transformed into sludge which inevitably is turned into fertilizer livestock anyway 🤷🏽‍♂️

Do you have green bins for organic waste that you put out with garbage and recycling removal as well? Guess that is what I was wondering. Or if you just flush composting all down the drain

I don't know of many places in the US that have a bin for organic recycling. Mostly people who want to compost do so in their own yards or those who don't either throw it in the trash or down the drain.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    zorander6 wrote: »

It's organic right?

I don't know of many places in the US that have a bin for organic recycling. Mostly people who want to compost do so in their own yards or those who don't either throw it in the trash or down the drain.

We do.. :) a green waste bin.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

It's organic right?

We have green bins but I really just use them for yard trimmings... Food waste I just scrap in the garbage, or disposal...
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

It's organic right?

That's what I was wondering, makes sense then if you don't have green bins to use a garbage disposal in your sink. Then does it all just go down the drain? Or does it collect somewhere?

Here we have green bins for compostable garbage (food scraps mostly, there is a list of what can and can't go in it).
    Recycling and green bins get picked up weekly, garbage every other week.
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options

It's organic right?

That's what I was wondering, makes sense then if you don't have green bins to use a garbage disposal in your sink. Then does it all just go down the drain? Or does it collect somewhere?

Here we have green bins for compostable garbage (food scraps mostly, there is a list of what can and can't go in it).

In theory it all collects in the treatment plant and is broken down and filtered out and sent various places. I have never worked in that field so don't know all the stinky details though so you'd have to research it more. :)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

It's organic right?

In theory it all collects in the treatment plant and is broken down and filtered out and sent various places. I have never worked in that field so don't know all the stinky details though so you'd have to research it more. :)

This is true... It's all settled out and the biosolids are digested and broken down to remove pathogens before its dewatered to make fertilizer pellets
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    If our signs are not compatible

Agreed although Sagitarrius and Gemini are really pushing it. Blegh.

What isn't pushing it with a sagittarius 🙄😂...

Jk, the gemini in me 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

hw0aw2r22fo8.gif
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

It's organic right?

Specific counties in California have. There are two in SD I know of. To get compost is free too on specific days. Redworms are free there too. You need to subscribe to the circulars though.

Pickup for the compost worthy scrap bucket is once a week.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    It’s not really a deal breaker if our diets are different. (Example: vegan/meat eater)
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Scratchy facial hair. That could actually earn a guy points.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    It’s not really a deal breaker if our diets are different. (Example: vegan/meat eater)

This reminds me of my friend's wife who owns a Vegan eatery in LA and LV. She decided to make steak for us all - poor thing. It was served bluer than bluer. It can work though ☺
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    resale3108 wrote: »
    Slightly less than a handful is not a deal breaker🙄

What about more than a handful?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited November 2018
    Options

What about definitely nowhere near a handful

What about more than a handful?

Well there's only one way to be sure 🤗🤗🤗... Lol

Definitely not a DB, just another great flavor...