Ready to Quit😭😭

Options
I need some motivation, I feel as though nothing is working. Seems like I cant lose weight. I used to weigh between 127 and 130. Ive been gaining weight really fast lately and I've gained almost 20lbs in the last 2 months... i now weigh 177 and I suffer from depression and anxiety so I find myself eating even more. I exercise and have counted calories and have had no weight loss just gain. I just want to give up.

Replies

• dlynne1024
    dlynne1024 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    NO!! Don’t give up. Buckle down and be consistent- document your intake, make sure you are expending more calories than you are eating. Every day is a new opportunity. Be patient with yourself. Be honest with yourself. Keep on trying! All of us are trying right with you 🤓. Check in with us at least daily and let us know how you are doing 🙂
  • Adele_D
    Adele_D Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! Don’t give up girl! I struggle with the same, and I can’t seem to lose but I definitely won’t if I don’t stick with it! I’m here if you want to add me. At the very least I can listen and sometimes that’s all we need is for someone to listen!
  • alexa0ne
    alexa0ne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sweetie please don't give up. Here is what I usually do when it feels like nothing is working. Take a break for a couple of days or weeks. Try to unwind, bond with your friends/family. Once you feel happy again then do work out, it will better if you can find a buddy to do cardio exercise with. Losing weight will take time, I myself tend to be demotivated at some point but then I will realize that I need to be fit and healthy.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I've had bad anxiety too. I could always solve it by taking the approach of trying to figure out what was causing the anxiety. It was almost always something I was eating, drinking, or a product I was using.

I know you're frustrated and you think you're out of control. But stop and think about what could be causing this... exercising and eating healthy really can help . If I were you.. I'd try to get your anxiety under control and then worry about your weight. Google thecalmclinc.com.

• breannaboyer4896
    Options
    I'm going to be blunt and please don't think I'm being mean: 20 pounds in 2 months is not good and if the depression/anxiety part doesn't get addressed you're just going to stay in a cycle of dieting and overeating. The reason that I'm being blunt is that I spent years doing it. I spent all that time convincing myself that the diet would work and that I would prevail through sheer force of will... that didnt happen. When I started to work through the depression/anxiety I got to the root of why I was overeating and that's when the weight came off. Depression is not your fault and it does not make you weak, your efforts are not in vain, there's just one extra cog in the machine that needs adjusting before it all can work. I know you're putting a lot of work in and I want to see it pay off. You got this girl 💚
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    No! No giving up! 💜 you've got this! You're taking the right steps but maybe your cut is too great or maybe your meds are causing you to retain water/gain weight?
  • Gturner81
    Gturner81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Most of that weight gain is only water. Fine tune your diet plan, add a little more cardio and you will be right back on the saddle.
  • crissting
    crissting Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Do not give up sis. As long as you are trying, you are winning. Please do see you Dr in regards in getting your Thyroid checked. I do too suffer from Anxiety and Depression. I was on Lythium and I gained lots of weight. I thought it was normal for that type of medicine. I gave up on my weight loss routines. You know what?. My Thyroid was low. That is why I gained weight. Low Thyroid is a side effect from taking Lythium. A Dietician will also help you keep on track and help you be more noticeable about what you are eating. Make sure you take your medicines until the Dr says otherwise. Do not stop them because you are gaining weight. Weight is manageable if you are consistent with your eating habits. Good luck sis.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Please do not give up. Do not quit! I know this weight loss thing is hard, but I promise you it's not impossible. You are a precious human life, and you are worth it! I recommend a trip to the doctor just to be on the safe side of things to make sure you don't have a serious underlying cause to the weight gain, and they can help you pinpoint what's going wrong. You can do this! It's going to be okay! Don't quit, because if you quit then you definitely won't lose weight; can't hit a home run if you don't even swing the bat, am I right? Keep going, keep trying!
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    There might be something else in your life causing stress, depression, and anxiety; this might be causing the symptom of overeating. I had always had trouble regulating my eating, but new sources of stress (work and living situation) made my eating balloon out of control. Are there any steps you can take to remove sources of stress from your life? Can you maybe start seeing a behavioral therapist who can help you identify those sources and make small changes?
  • somethingsoright
    somethingsoright Posts: 99 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Success is about sticking it out through the hard times to get where you need to be. Be honest with yourself and weigh everything, log everything. It only takes ~1,000 extra calories a day to gain 20 lbs in 2 months. With the easy-access junk food world we're living in today, that's not a stretch to do unintentionally. I've been there.

And if you have been weighing everything to a tee for weeks, even a month, remember that weight loss can come in spurts where you see no change for what seems like the longest time and then, boom!--you've got yourself a whoosh of weight loss. Keep logging, keep it honest and accurate, and focus on weekly/monthly calorie averages. I was driving myself mad focusing on the day-to-day (aka, missing the forest for the trees). Once I made a spreadsheet for the long-term averages and compared it to my monthly weight loss and what my TDEE should be, I saw that all my hard work really was paying off. Not as fast as I'd like it to, but it matched my true effort.